Can't Update/Modify or Delete Files
Posted by: madmoneymike5 (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2015 02:35PM

I'm attempting to run owncloud on my WAMP server. The file sync is failing due to being not able to change the uploaded part file name to the final actual file name. Also, it's not letting me delete files. My best guess is that the issue is not related to owncloud, but perhaps some setting somewhere that is preventing owncloud from modifying and/or deleting files.

Can anyone provide a suggestion as to where to look to ensure it has permission to do these types of file changes?

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) 2.5 64bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar): GREEN
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?: 127.0.0.1 localhost (shown twice, both without hashtag)

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)?: Yes (autoforwards to [localhost]; I have self-signed certificate in place and seemingly working fine.)
9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? NO! (MySQL said: #1045 - Access Denied for user root@localhost' (using password: NO" )

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post: None relevant at this point aside from the one above in question #9
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these: None in use
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\): M\wamp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 02:43PM by madmoneymike5.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Update/Modify or Delete Files
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 23, 2015 03:40PM

This message seems relevant !

What have you changed in the \wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\config.inc.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: madmoneymike5 (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2015 04:02PM

I haven't touched it directly with any text editor. The only thing related to phpmyadmin that I did was to sign in and add a password to root user. I followed instructions at the link below to install owncloud, which has you add a password to the root user.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 23, 2015 05:05PM

Ok,

to fix this error

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? NO! (MySQL said: #1045 - Access Denied for user root@localhost' (using password: NO" )

change the phpMyAdmin config section shown below to this :-

/* Authentication type */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'mysql wampserver';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';                       <-- changed
//$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';                   <-- changed
//$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';                               <-- changed
//$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';       
/* Server parameters */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';                         
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
/* Select mysql if your server does not have mysqli */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;               <-- changed

This will tell phpMyAdmin to throw a userid/password challenge page where you have to enter
Username = root
Password = YOUR_PASSWORD

And will deny any access from any account that does not have a password.

I would suggest throwing away your OwnCloud install

Then create a Virtual Hosts to run OwnCloud in see ... [forum.wampserver.com]

Then install OwnCloud into the Virtual Host and try again.

Windows does not have file permission issues like *nix so it is probably an issue related to the DocumentRoot being \wamp\www but OwnCloud expecting to have been installed into the DocumentRoot but in fact being in a folder below the document root. Setting up a Virtual Host will correct this directory anomily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.