WAMP works a short time then hangs
Posted by: bones (172.56.10.---)
Date: March 14, 2015 09:33PM

using:

1. Windows XPSP3 32bit
2. WAMP 2.4 32bit
3. Apache 2.4.4 (came with WAMP installer)
4. PHP 5.4.16 (came with WAMP installer)
5. MySQL 5.6.12 (came with WMP installer)
6. WAMP Server systray icon is GREEN
7. 127.0.0.1 localhost (no others)
8. have access to localhost. except when WAMP hangs, web pages not served there either.
9. have access to PHYMyAdmin
10. no error message
11. no antivirus or firewall. test server not connected to the internet.
12. c:\wamp\

the issue:

installed WAMP, then on that installed Coppermine (image hosting), WeBid (auction), PHPBB3 (forum), a flash-based speed test, and HTML page linking to flash games located on the hard drive.

it works fine except the more you use Coppermine, the more WAMP seems to be affected globally. pages load slow, then hang for a time, then won't load at all.

I have to "restart all services" and everything works. the issue reappears and I have to do that again. every 10 minutes.

if you don't use Coppermine at all, there is no problem.

I realize this isn't the Coppermine support forum, but since WAMP is affected globally I think the problem is more likely with WAMP handling Coppermine (and the issues created from that) so I thought I would look there.

the most obvious thing to do is look at the error logs, but I don't know how to read them. I have logs from apache, MySQL, but no PHP error log has been created and when I look for it php_error.log is not found.

what do I do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP works a short time then hangs
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 15, 2015 09:16AM

Hi bones,

Well it does look like coppermine is part of the problem.

Is this running on a Windows desktop or Windows Server Operating system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: bones (172.56.10.---)
Date: March 26, 2015 01:34AM

XPSP3 32 bit is a Windows Desktop operating system.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 26, 2015 02:09AM

Windows XP and all Windows desktop OS are fine for a testing environment. But as they are not Server OS's they have limited external connections capabilities. XP is about 10 I believe, so if you are trying to server your sites to multiple users this may be the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.