Password is empty for mysql?
Posted by: Noob (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2011 07:38AM

Hi, Im very new to winamp, however, I installed it on my primary machine (everything works perfect) so I decided to use my 2nd machine as a server and installed the 2.2a 32bit version. I was having all kinds of headaches accessing phpadmin/localhost, no matter what i did, port forwarding/mapping, disabling firewalls, antivirus apps, modifying hostfile, ect., nothing worked.

So I gave up, didnt want to beg for help just yet, did fresh install of win 7 32bit, installed 2.2a 32bit, everything fired up perfectly. I was following the guides, got to the part to set mysql password, no matter what i typed in and checked (password hashing: mysql 4.1+/mysql compatible) it keeps saying PASSWORD IS BLANK!

Im guessing its probably a bug in mysql 5.5.16 itself, and nothing with wamp! Any help would be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Password is empty for mysql?
Posted by: Noob (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2011 08:24AM

I do apologize, I think I goofed up somewhere and cant recall how I goofed up. However, after restarting wamp, and trying again for the 40th time, I successfully created passwords for root user on mysql. After I figure out how to delete this thread, I will surely do so.

Btw, THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING APP, your time & dedication, all the hardwork, and last but not least, the patience that is required for the rest of the noobs and I!!!!!

PS: soon as I get a few spare bucks, I will DONATE here and to the mod that has all the guides on jlbn. (I know I will encounter more problems, but I will strive to search for a solution instead of bugging you guys, lol)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 08:27AM by Noob.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.