wamp as test server, need help
Posted by: jasoneedham (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: September 04, 2011 03:41AM

I have set up wamp on my workstation at work and i have it set up with multiple vhosts, and everythig is working great only on that workstation.

I need to be able to store my test server files on my actual server so that i can access this from any workstation i use. example being when i set up the conf file, i tell it that my server is website.localhost and the files to fraw from are c:/wamp/www/website.

But I need to have the c:/wamp/www/website location to be changed to a drive on my server, and not my workstation.

I have tried to use a mapped drive i names s, but that didnt work

any ideas?

Am i supposed to install wamp on my server, then set it up with the static ip information?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp as test server, need help
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 05, 2011 11:23PM

No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents of that particular folder set for that particular VH on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: wamp as test server, need help
Posted by: jasoneedham (---.mobile.mymmode.com)
Date: September 05, 2011 11:26PM

Thanks forthe info, as of now I have it workIng for my office network, so any network pc can connect to it and my vhosts, now I will try to set up to access from any pc

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.