PHPmyadmin error: "Cannot load mysqli extension."
Posted by: FlagCapper (---.dsl.teksavvy.com)
Date: December 18, 2008 12:31AM

I've read just about all the other threads here and elsewhere and I can't seem to solve my problem. My php.ini file has the mysqli file enabled and WAMP shows it enabled too.

My PHP error log shows:

[17-Dec-2008 18:22:32] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[17-Dec-2008 18:22:32] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

However, both files are in the folder at "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/". I've tried re-downloading the files from the PHP website and replacing them, and I've re-installed WAMP several times. My PHPmyadmin still won't load. Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHPmyadmin error: "Cannot load mysqli extension."
Posted by: caverlyr (---.ptg-intl.com)
Date: January 08, 2009 01:10AM

I've got the exact same problem loading MSSQL extension. The extension is in the right place. The INI file has it uncommented. There are no permissions issues. Other extensions load just fine.

I had no problems with this at all on my test server - but now that I'm trying to set up the production server it simply won't work. I could really use some suggestions here since I'm under a delivery deadline to get this deployed.

I should add this is a brand new install of Wamp 2.0f

Thanks,
Bob C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 01:20AM by caverlyr.

Date: January 08, 2009 01:56PM

OK - I copied my php.ini from the working machine and now I get the following in my apache_error.log - but no errors in the php_error.log. This makes no sense to me! The differences in the files were trivial - mostly just reflecting the fact that wamp is installed on D: vs C: on the prod server.

ALL of the 'offending' extensions are in place and most of these were loading correctly yesterday!!!

Any ideas? I have until COB tomorrow to make this work...

[Thu Jan 08 07:41:13 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:13 2009] [notice] Server built: Dec 10 2008 00:10:06
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:13 2009] [notice] Parent: Created child process 2624
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:13 2009] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_gd2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mbstring.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mcrypt.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_http.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:14 2009] [notice] Child 2624: Child process is running
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:14 2009] [notice] Child 2624: Acquired the start mutex.
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:14 2009] [notice] Child 2624: Starting 64 worker threads.
[Thu Jan 08 07:41:14 2009] [notice] Child 2624: Starting thread to listen on port 80.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 01:58PM by caverlyr.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 08, 2009 02:00PM

wamp uses phpforapache.ini ii the apcache/bin folder

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 08, 2009 04:45PM

I do not have a file "phpforapache.ini" in either of my installations - only php.ini

My Apache httpd.conf file contains the lines:
LoadModule php5_module "d:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/php5apache2_2.dll"

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "D:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin\php.ini"

I can verify that Apache is using this php.ini - it's just that multiple extensions are not loading. In each case the error message indicates a file not found error - yet all of these files DO exist in the specified location.

Bob

Addendum:
I found the phpForApache.ini in the PHP bin folder - however phpinfo() does not refernce this file and wamp is not loading the options and extensions specified in this version of the PHP ini either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 04:55PM by caverlyr.

Date: January 08, 2009 04:54PM

read again.. phpforapache in the APACHE folder

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: January 08, 2009 05:29PM

I repeat - I do not have this file in the Apache bin folder on EITHER system. There IS a copy of it in the PHP Bon folder. Both systems are configured the same from the same installer. My test server works beautifully and all extensions I specified load just fine. On my production server (both Win2003 Server R2, Std Ed, SP2) I get the following errors in the php_error.log file on startup:
[08-Jan-2009 11:19:25] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[08-Jan-2009 11:19:25] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_pdo_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[08-Jan-2009 11:19:26] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[08-Jan-2009 11:19:26] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.8/ext/php_pdo_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

Note the error about not loading these extensions specifically says the files are not found - yet I can verify they are there. It also makes this complaint twice for each file although there is only one reference to each extension in the ini file.

Are you saying the php.ini file should (or must) be named phpforapache.ini? If so, why does the same configuration work fine on one server but not the other?

Thanks,
Bob

Date: January 08, 2009 05:46PM

let me explain.. the phpforapache file in the php bin gets copied into the php.ini in the apache bin,

the php.ini in the apache folder IS the one that apache uses but this file is made from the phpforapache.ini depending on which version of php is started,

so while wamp is running .. the php.ini in the apache folder and the phpforapache.ini in the php folder being used are the same file..

if you make changes in the apache php.ini file these changes will occur immediatly after you restart wamp.

also if you make them in the phpforapache.ini in the php folder then these changes will also come into effect when you restart.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 08, 2009 05:56PM

Are you saying the php.ini file should (or must) be named phpforapache.ini?

let me explain..
he he... he he... ;-)
different peopple get different ways to the explanations, and that's why I have no explanation in my guides, but only the steps to get the job done ;-)
[guides.jlbn.net]

@caverlyr
if you're not sure about what steven try to clear out for you, just edit the file php.ini through wamp tray icon ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 09, 2009 04:08AM

Thanks for trying folks. I understood stevenmartin99 all along - the problem was, there wasn't anything wrong with my php.ini files - WAMP simply failed to load all the extensions!

Anyway I've fixed it now and everything is up and running in test and production.

The solution:
1) stop Wampserver and do a complete uninstall
2) delete everything left after the uninstall.
3) install XAMPP

Works like a charm!! Now all I've got to do is run a Nessus scan, check security settings and do final deployment functional test....

Thanks,
Bob

Posted by: kapa (---.tn.glocalnet.net)
Date: August 12, 2009 07:25PM

Thanks for that solution!

Still works like a charm. Tried adding new php_mssql.dll and latest version of ntwdblib.dll to Wamp-installation, without any luck.

To bad since I liked Wamp, better admin interface and smaller package than XAMPP.

/Karl

conect mssql server 2005 using PHP
Posted by: venkat437 (---.2.68.58.aircel.co.in)
Date: August 28, 2009 11:14AM

Hi all ,

I have tried but unable to connect to mssql server 2005

please help me in step by step procedure to connect mssql server 2005. I am using wamp server 2.2.11

Thanks,
venkat437.

Re: conect mssql server 2005 using PHP
Posted by: hielh (---.sorexi.ma)
Date: August 30, 2011 12:35PM

hi all;
how can i conect mssql server 2005 using PHP and wamp or any other server.
i have this problème : wamp unable to load dynamic library php_mssql -module introuvable

for information:
dll(mssql.dll and pdo_mssql.dll) file has been added to php/ext/
php version used php5.3.0
thanks,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.