cant access my public dns address from server machine now?
Posted by: chessman21 (---.cae.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 07:31AM

It was working fine, not sure what happen. I can access my page if i put in public ip or "localhost" from host machine and i can access the page from another pc on my network and also can access from a totally differ pc and connection using dns name..
but but i cant access it from the "server machine" useing dns name now.? I dont remember doing anything different to pc other than playing bf4 and a torrent download.

wamp64
& win7 64bit.
Apache 249
icon is green and online

iv never even opened the PHP or Mysql, I dont even know what they do.. I put my html files in the Apache www dirctory then went to a free dns services "no-ip" & gave it a name and it works,, Its even indexed on the internet now after 3 weeks..

the site

[columbia-roof.ddns.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 08:04AM by chessman21.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cant access my public dns address from server machine now?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 10:31AM

Hi Chessman,

First, are you sure that you could access the site using the no-ip domain name from the machine that is running WAMPServer.

It is unusual if you could.

The reason being that to do that your router has to have a feature called "loopback" that allows the router to spot that you are using a domain name that equates to the WAN ip of itself, and loop the connection back into itself. This feature is not normally available on home/office customer routers, I dont know why but the manufacturers appear to see it as a security risk or something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: cant access my public dns address from server machine now?
Posted by: chessman21 (---.cae.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 06:40PM

Hi RiggsFolly
Thxs for the reply. Yes im more than sure i could access it from the machine running the wamp server.

I made a shortcut to it useing the no-ip name address on the desktop and was using it to see how the site looked after making changes to site with my html editor (Expressions-4) ..

"loopback" After a blind search i saw something on that that kinna described what i got going on.. I didnt understand much of it tho .

I guess ill pick through the router (netgear WGR614v10) settings and see what i can figureout, i do have the dsl modem an router bridged, dont know if that matters, I dont really know much abouth the internal router settings either :/ .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 07:11PM by chessman21.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.