LDAP doesn't work
Posted by: davidepalomo (---.30-151.libero.it)
Date: February 24, 2015 09:26PM

hi everybody,

i'm new here, so greetings to everybody.

i just installed wamp and it seems to be a great server.

everything seems to do just what it says to do.

there is only one bug: i activated through configuration files the PHP and apache LDAP module. I have a website that requires that module and it has got an internal function that tests if the module is loaded or not and if it's working.
it ever says that the module is off, even if I restarted the server.

Any idea?

Davide

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LDAP doesn't work
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 10:05AM

Hi David,

Did you use the wampmanager menu's to edit the php.ini (config) file or edit it manually.

Use the wampmanager menus to edit php.ini

wampmanager -> php -> php.ini

as this actually edits a filel called phpForApache.ini as this is the file used by Apache.

The other php.ini file is only used by the PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) i.e. when you run PHP from a dos box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: davidepalomo (2.238.196.---)
Date: February 25, 2015 11:25AM

yes, I before edited manually and then from the menĂ¹.

After this, the server still remain without LDAP functionalities.

I will check the phpforapache.ini to see if they are correctly edited and if last reboot set up the things good.

I will let you know

Thank you

Davide

PS
for curiosity, I found 2 php.ini files inside of the directory tree of the program.
what's the need to have 2 php.ini files?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 11:28AM by davidepalomo.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 12:06PM

Hi

There is of course the \wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z\php.ini file, used by PHP CLI ( running php scripts from the dos box)

and

\wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\bin\php.ini which is used by Apache when it loads the PHP interpreter.

The \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\bin\php.ini should be a SYMLINK to the
\wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z\bin\phpForApache.ini file.

After an initial install the \wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z\phpForApache.ini file is copied to the \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\bin\php.ini so it is not actually a SYMLINK

But to clean up that situation it is a good idea to force WAMPServer to re-create the SYMLINKS by doing this from the wampmanager menu

wampmanager-> Apache -> Version -> and then click on the version number, probably 2.4.9 in your case.

This will make WAMPServer rebuild all the correct SYMLINKS inside the \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\bin\ folder.

The reason for this phpForApache.ini file is to facilitate switching Apache versions. Remember one of the great benefits to Web Developers is that WAMPServer allow you to have more than one Apache or MYSQL or PHP version available within WAMPServer. You can then switch between them to suit the development you are doing.

For now I would not expect you to need to do this but it may become useful later when you get more familiar with development in general and WAMPServer speifically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.