Wamp for all browsers
Posted by: Niek66 (---.direct-adsl.nl)
Date: February 17, 2015 04:34PM

You should if you install the Wamp server, choose which browser you will use.
But is there also a server that all browser can use?

Because now I can only test my scripts with Internet Explorer 11

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp for all browsers
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 17, 2015 05:42PM

Hi Niek.

WAMPServer is not teed to any specific browser.

The only reason for that question when you install is so that when you use the wampmanager menus for anything that requires a browser it goes to the browse of your choice and only that browser.

Also you cannot consider it testing if you only have one browser on your system, get at least the obvious set of IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 18, 2015 06:04AM

Yes that I know.
But I ask that because, if i use xampp I can open localhost with every browser.
I just wanted to know or that maybe is possible to swicthen from browser.
because so many people say I should use Firefox

Date: February 18, 2015 11:32AM

If you have installed WAMPServer and taken IE as the default browser and want to change it that is very easy.

Make a backup of `\wamp\wampmanager.conf` just in case.

Edit `\wamp\wampmanager.conf`

Locate this parameter,

navigator = "whatever is there currently"

its at the top of the file about line 7 and change it to

navigator = "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"

Make sure thats where your Firefox is installed and note the use of the UNIX `/` forward slash and not the DOS `\` backslash.

While you are in that file you might also like to change the default editor from notepad to a decent one that you have installed or maybe use notepad++. Its good and free. In that case also change this parameter

editor = "c:/program files/notepad++/notepad++.exe"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 18, 2015 05:45PM

No I not want to change it.
I want to open localhost with any browser, the same as happened in xampp

and that was my question, or that with wamp is also possible.
Maybe by installing some other thing

Date: February 18, 2015 06:46PM

What are you talking about!!!!

Pick any browser, put `[localhost]` in the address bar hit enter. Boom or et voila.

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are actually trying to do.

Sometimes Chrome is a bit odd about letting you use localhost, but if you know how to do that using XAMPP then its the same using WAMPServer. Otherwise

Basically both XAMPP and WAMPServer install Apache/MySQL & PHP so if you can do it with XAMPP you can do it with WAMPServer.

Date: February 19, 2015 01:49AM

Pick any browser, put `[localhost]` in the address bar hit enter. Boom or et voila.

If it was so easy than were the programs like WampServer and XAMPP or whatever they call it unnecessary

I have put [localhost] in the address bar and pressed enter and then I got a blank page with the following text in it

Deze pagina kan niet worden weergegeven

•Controleer of het webadres [www.localhost] juist is.
•Zoek de pagina met een zoekmachine.
•Vernieuw de pagina na een paar minuten.

translated

This page cannot be displayed

• check that the Web address [localhost] is correct.
• Locate the page with a search engine.
• Refresh the page after a few minutes.

Date: February 19, 2015 10:17AM

Can we start from the beginning! Do you have WAMPServer installed? Or XAMPP?

If WAMPServer is running i.e. You launch WAMPserver, and the wampmanager icon is GREEN and not Orange or Red

Date: February 19, 2015 11:47PM

i have WampServer Version 2.5 installed and it running IE 11 and the wampmanager icon is GREEN.

Date: February 20, 2015 10:02AM

I really cannot understand what your problem is, so if you like we could try a Team Viewer session.

If this is ok, then install Team Viewer, its free.

Run it, then send me a Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD so I can connect to your PC and see what is really happening.

I am sure we can fix it in a few minutes.

I am UK time, so will be available from now 09:00GMT to 16:00GMT

Date: February 20, 2015 05:07PM

I have no problem with the WampServer itself, It works well.
But in my case only with IE

I just wanted to know if I can use the wampserver in every browser without first wampmanager. conf to change.

for example, by a link button or something like that

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2015 06:48PM

Hi,

When you click on a "URL" present in a document (Word, PDF or other) it opens the browser that you set as the default in Windows. There is no button that asks you which browser you want to open the "URL".
If you want to open this "URL" in a browser other than the default, you must copy / paste the "URL" in the address bar of the desired browser.

It's exactly the same with WampServer. You have set a default browser (which can be changed) and it is with this that localhost and other local sites will be opened. Just like with your Windows operating system, there is no (and there will be no) button to select a browser.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 21, 2015 11:20AM

[quo]
It's exactly the same with WampServer. You have set a default browser (which can be changed) and it is with this that localhost and other local sites will be opened. Just like with your Windows operating system, there is no (and there will be no) button to select a browser.
[/quote]

When I have installed wamp, I had to choose a browser.
And I had chosen for IE, so I can just use IE with the wampserver and no other browser.
That's what I'm trying to say.

And my question was: or it might be possibility is to choose a browser by a select button or something like that

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2015 12:05PM

Hi,

Niek66
And my question was: or it might be possibility is to choose a browser by a select button or something like that
NO - Like with Windows.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.