How to retain the Header & Body tag of original page in Wamp Server sad smiley
Posted by: Sushma N (115.242.154.---)
Date: June 19, 2011 02:07PM

Hi,

I am new to Wamp Server and have some problem with header & body tag.

I have my shtml web page with header & title as follows.
<! DOC Type html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "[www.w3.org];
<head>
<title> My Site </title>
<link href="/Includes/Style.css rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="//favicon.ico">
</head>
<body style="background-color:rgb(255,200,0);">

After I copied the page to My Site folder in www and clicked the project in localhost on Wamp Server, the result was very different. On clicking view "Page Source" I was surprised to see the head & body tags have changed in Wamp Server. They are changed as below:

<html> <head>
<title> Index Of /My Site</title>
</head><body>

Can someone please help me with this..I Have spent some hours on figuring out the difference and finally noticed that the head & body tags themselves are changing by itself..Now I dont how do I go about fixing this sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to retain the Header & Body tag of original page in Wamp Server sad smiley
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 19, 2011 02:20PM

you need a <html> tag at start and </html> at the end
and your link tags should end in />

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: How to retain the Header & Body tag of original page in Wamp Server sad smiley
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 19, 2011 09:12PM

This forums is for Wampserver, not for scripting, so you should join some coding forums for help on script; anyway, if you've type those codes, you had som typo; however, if you've coppied them, you definitely had some missing that need to correct sad smiley

On your posted codes above, assume you did not copy open and close html tag, you need to correct these

<link href="/Includes/Style.css rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
In this line, it's missing a double quote and a close tag

<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="//favicon.ico">
In this line, it's missing a close tag and has extra forward flash

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Sushma N (203.112.82.---)
Date: June 20, 2011 11:06AM

Sorry for typo.. I had typed those lines of code (couldnt copy as they were on other comp with no internet connection).. In my original script I have html opening & closing tag and also link tag closing with/> properly..

My original page gives expected result when opened with Firefox or IE outside the www folder or with Wamp Server off..

I have this problem of header & body tag changed only when I open the website from Wamp Server..
After much struggle I noticed the change in code after checking view source on the page opened on Wamp Server.. Same page in WWW folder when opened in notepad has all the code intact.
So this is clear case of header & body tag changed in Wamp Server.

Sorry for the confusion created.. Hope I made it clear now..Requesting for some help on this issue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.