Null byte injection not working
Posted by: asdfgh (159.50.249.---)
Date: June 07, 2011 11:41AM

Hello everyone,

I'm actually working on a course of security IT awarness by creating a little website with a lot of security holes (SQL injection / XSS / Session handling / information leakage / local file inclusion / path traversal...).

I also wanted to add an inclusion vulnerability by using the null byte (%00). Here is an example of what I want to be done :

test.php
<?php

include '/'.$_GET['page'].'.php';

?>

So I send the following data through GET : [localhost]

Normally, this should dump the content of the pass file but I get the following error : Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/admin/pass'

The path is right, the file exists and there is no problem on this side as this code is working :

<?php

include '/admin/pass';

?>

Which dumps me the content of the pass file.

Is there any options of php or apache on WAMP I should remove to make this vulnerability working ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

asdfgh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Null byte injection not working
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.11.threembb.ie)
Date: June 07, 2011 11:55AM

No one is going to help you with this on this forum

We can't help people create vunerabilites
Sorry

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Null byte injection not working
Posted by: asdfgh (62.201.142.---)
Date: June 07, 2011 01:15PM

@ Steven

I'm not asking help to create a new vulnerability, I think you really misunderstand my post. The purpose of my demand is to *reproduce* an *existing* vulnerability.

I had already created the code to exploit the vulnerability but it was too simple, it exploited the following code I wrote :

<?php

include '/'.$_GET['page'];ko

?>

Where with this code it was too easy to exploit, so I wanted to add a difficulty by adding an extension as you saw in my previous post by forcing the user to add a null byte.

Everything I am doing now, is on my localhost, I'm the owner of the code, I'm not *hacking* someone else. This is in a clearly defined context of teaching.

I hope you understand my need better.

Regards,

asdfgh

Edit: ok, I found the problem, PHP fixed this at 5.3 version. I juste tested it obmn PHP < 5.3 and it works. Thanks anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 04:28PM by asdfgh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.