WAMPSERVER error
Posted by: Tuskone (---.dsl.pool.telekom.hu)
Date: May 13, 2011 02:35PM

So, if i view my webserver with localhost, it's cool, everything is as it should be. But if i use my IP address (even when router forwarding is perfectly worked so far) the pages doesn't load correctly, it loads only like the first 200bytes(not exactly...), and hangs up. Every page that's viewed throu WAN IP address.

Tested XAMPP it loads the page, slowly but loads it.

Any idea what caused this? and more importantly how to solve this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 02:52PM by Tuskone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMPSERVER error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2011 04:39PM

Tested XAMPP it loads the page, slowly but loads it.
It conflicts this Wamp

No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Tuskone (---.dsl.pool.telekom.hu)
Date: May 13, 2011 07:42PM

Okay, done the tutorials and it's already was set up this way. I feel like it's something the router does, I've installed 32bit wamp on my notebook, and this is the same issue there too. I don't need domain setup, since i'm using this as a development base, so i need only my WAN IP to connect, and it has worked so far ~a month ago, since then i don't know what happened, but it indeed stopped working when i tried to connect yesterday.

My wamp is the OFFICIAL 64bit version, I have a TS3 server on my pc too, it works fine, no problem with it. (of course as problem finding I've turned it off) Both TS3 server is forwarded and HTTP server is forwarded to my LAN IP.

So it's either a wamp thing that exists in both 32 and 64bit version, or the router doesn't let me do this, but it hasn't been changed since the first time i've used it. I even put my PC in DMZ but the same thing. So I've really have no idea why is this happening all of the sudden, in to of my pcs. i've a D-Link DIR-615 FW:4.0 if that's helps you helping me. I'm using wamp 3 years now but never had this kind of issue before. And would be glad if it could be solved...

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2011 09:02PM

So it's either a wamp thing that exists
I'm using wamp 3 years now but never had this kind of issue before
I can NOT be wamp thing since you and a lot of other people including me, have already using it for years w/o any issue, so the only thing is you might install something or have your windows update recently because w/ auto update, you never knew what just been updated in order to fix the issue; I've never set any PC that I've worked on to auto update but only manual update what I really need winking smiley

You might try to run System Restore to known date that wamp is working winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.