WAMP reinstalled but cant start services
Posted by: LivingThis (---.cm-6-8b.dynamic.ziggo.nl)
Date: January 27, 2015 10:51AM

I reinstalled WAMP but without any succes its giving an error message. First its red then orange bur the icon doesnt become green.

I cant find any logs of the separated services, how can I solve this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP reinstalled but cant start services
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 27, 2015 11:04AM

Did you uninstall it first?
And then manually delete the \wamp folder?

before you tried to re-install?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 27, 2015 11:39AM

yes I formatted the USB disk entirely.

Then I downloaded WAMP again yesterday and reinstalled it.

Date: January 27, 2015 11:58AM

Can you work through this post, answering all the questions and looking in all the places suggestd for log file information. READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 27, 2015 12:03PM

I also checked the windows error logs (wamp errorlogs are not there)

The apache error log gives the following output.:

................................................................................

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> AH00451: no listening sockets available, shutting down .

................................................................................

>>> AH00015: Unable to open logs .

>>> (OS 10013)Er is geprobeerd toegang te verkrijgen tot een socket op een volgens de
toegangsmachtigingen niet toegestane manier. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80 .

..................................................................................

>>> (OS 10013)Er is geprobeerd toegang te verkrijgen tot een socket op een volgens de toegangsmachtigingen
niet toegestane manier. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 .

Date: January 27, 2015 12:33PM

Something else is using PORT 80. Thats what that error message means.

Start a command prompt and do these 2 commands,

netstat -anop TCP | find ":80"
tasklist /FI "PID eq 999" /FO TABLE /NH

replacing 999 with the PID number from the previous command that is using port 80.

Date: January 27, 2015 02:48PM

I still dont understand the difference with the other install I did in okt 2014, but okay if you say so.

the netstat command gives some output but to me it is not clear which PID number I should replace.

some of them say listening to a number, other say established. Sometimes it says Time_Wait.

I repeatedly did the netstat command.

Date: January 27, 2015 04:29PM

Ok lets keep it simple. Try this then

Left click on the wampmanager icon ( the one in the system tray )

left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Test Port 80

This should launch a command window and tell you if anything is using port 80.

Please tell me what it says.

Date: January 27, 2015 06:17PM

OK this is the output:

Your port 80 is actually used by :

Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

Press Enter to exit...

Date: January 27, 2015 06:38PM

So you have IIS installed and running.

If you either dont know what it is, or dont intend to use it. I suggest you uninstall it.

You never did actually answer any of the questions in the post I gave you a link for, I try googling "uninstall IIS"

Date: January 27, 2015 09:12PM

I have not yet uninstalled it.

IIS are services for building servers.

I dont understand where it is coming from. I never downloaded it so this is pretty strange to me.

Date: January 27, 2015 09:33PM

I read somewhere online that you could change the settings in the httpd.conf from 80 into 8080.

I did that and now I have a green wampserver icon, but still no connection, localhost or 127.0.0.1 both give nothing.

Date: January 27, 2015 10:35PM

ok I solved it by typing in [localhost] giving me full access to apache and php.

But still, can you explain why I have IIS on my PC and why it is using port 80.

I thought more services (skype or the browser) use port 80 so why is that a problem?

Date: January 28, 2015 10:42AM

Morning,

Using a different port for apache seems like a nice solution initially, but it becomes a pain later.

Why is IIS installedWell thats difficult to say, you never did actually answer any of these questions

Some installs of Windows do it automatically. Not sure why, and I would say it just provides another attack vector for hackers, especially if the user does not know its there and has no idea how to manage/secure it.

IIS, Why is it using port 80 Well its a web server. All web servers use port 80 by default, and all browsers use that same default. Thats why normally you do not need to use the port number on normal web addresses.

[/b]In short[/b], if you are not using it UNINSTALL IIS You can re-install it later if you ever want to use it, it comes as part of the basic Windows installation and can be re-installed quite easily using add/remove programs. Do a google to find out how to uninstall it.

I thought more services (skype or the browser) use port 80 so why is that a problem?
Only one program can use a TCP port at any one time. So the first program to allocate any port gets it and keeps it for the duration of its execution.

Because IIS and SKYPE normally start at boot time, one of them gets it before you click on the wampmanager icon and it tries to launch Apache.

The real confusion, for want of a better word, here is that we developers want to run wampserver on a desktop, which normally has lots of other tools/apps running on it. Whereas Apache/MySQ would normally run on a Server where these tools dont get used. So there is a fight for these resources that normally would not happen on a dedicated server.
SKYPE can be configured not to use port 80 (unless its the W8 tiled app version) and so can most other things, as you have done to Apache. However changing the port on Apache does make life more complicated.

Hope this helps.

Basically uninstall and put apache back to port 80

Posted by: samshil55 (103.21.125.---)
Date: February 03, 2015 12:32PM

Hi,
Please anybody tell me how to start Wamp services?
I installed it1st time, Icon is getting Orange. but unable to start Wamp.
I Uninstalled, delete all related folders and again install.
Still same issue occurs. When i try to put it Online it shows error "Could not execute menu item (internal error)[Exception] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started"

Sam Lanjekar

Date: February 03, 2015 12:50PM

Hi Sam,

First the "Put Online" is irrelevant at this point. It just changes the apache security setting to either allow access from only this PC, the default mode, or the universe. So ignore that for now. Its best left at "OffLine" until you know what you are doing.

Can you answer these question, it helps us decide what the problem is if we know a little about your System etc.
lease andwer ALL these questions It also contains some basic troubleshooting suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 09:56AM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: samshil55 (103.21.127.---)
Date: February 04, 2015 05:43AM

Hi,
I resolve my issue by viewing videos on Youtube.
It works as a Online now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.