WAMP served pages think my PC is a Mobile Device (Responsive)
Posted by: madgenius (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2015 02:47AM

I am viewing a page which is responsive and when I view it on my PC using /localhost/site the mobile version is displaying....

any ideas?

thx

Re: WAMP served pages think my PC is a Mobile Device (Responsive)
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 24, 2015 02:08PM

What version os displaying?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 24, 2015 02:51PM

dunno.

it is switching to the mobile content but not using any of the @media CSS formatting, the text appears in a column to the left of the browser...

the content runs fine on the web PHP server

Date: January 24, 2015 03:53PM

You are talking about what is happening in the browser, once the data is served to the browser WAMPServers work is done, its all browser activity from there on. So WAMPServer is not the problem.

If you are serving the wrong stuff, thats down to the code you are running, again not WAMPServers problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 24, 2015 04:06PM

thanks,

i kind of thought exactly the same thing, but i figured someone might have experienced exactly the same thing when viewing their working site being served by WAMP.

i'm sure this is a common, easy, fixable problem, but i just have no clue where to look! winking smiley

i know the code is good, and it appears fine in the same browser when i view it off the net, so i think there must be some setting somewhere (this is outside of my area of expertise) that is causing the browser to think that localhost is being viewed by a mobile device.... crazy, but it's all i can think of....

- scott

Date: January 24, 2015 04:16PM

All the normal browsers are now capable of being 'responsive' as you say. Or rather the css and javascript fed to the browser is capable of modifying the viewed content in a responsive way.

Are you sure its not just that you have your browser windows to small. Try making your browser, Full Screen, and see what that does.

Date: January 24, 2015 04:29PM

yeah it is full screen... also, happens both in chrome and IE11....

the problem is kinda drivin me crazy and i'm looking everywhere for a solution but no idea yet....

Date: January 26, 2015 10:03AM

Could this be an issue where some data is not being served correctly.

Maybe a read on this document would be of assistance [forum.wampserver.com]

Date: January 26, 2015 05:03PM

i can go through the code again but everything seems fine... it might be a lot to post, several pages from different include files, etc... i was really just hoping that someone had the exact same problem and could say "just do this....." haha okay well let me read the code again, again...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.