Simple solution:
change port 80 of Apache (httpd.conf) to 8080
line Listen 8080

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer doesn't start on Windows 10
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 08, 2015 09:47AM

Hi,

It's really not worth coming here and for your first message telling bullshit!
- First, port 80 is reserved for HTTP protocol and should not be used by something else.
- Second, if "something else" is using port 80, it is for that "something else" that must disable the use of port 80.
For example, if Skype uses port 80, it disables its use, see item No.03 of [forum.wampserver.com]
And if it is IIS, IIS is deactivated, see item No.08 of [forum.wampserver.com]
- Third, when given a supposed solution, it must provide complete and not just a small tip that will not function.

It's not just Listen 8080, there are other lines to edit.

So please, stop telling nonsense.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: goldhat (---.Red-79-148-110.staticIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: September 12, 2015 03:33PM

What I found when I first installed WAMP on Windows 10 is I got a .DLL missing error which was fixed by installing one of the service packs from Microsoft mentioned earlier in this thread. However WAMP still booted to orange, and I found it was Apache not starting. The reason turned out to be that Apache Service was never installed during the install process, presumably because of the missing .DLL. So I clicked the install service under Apache options. This brought up Windows Firewall confirmation, after accepting that it installed the service. Then I restarted all services. Now it works!

To summarize if you get the .DLL missing you need to follow the instructions earlier in this thread to get the windows service pack. Then if you still get a partial boot (with no visible errors) then go to Apache > Service > Install Service. After install service reboot all services.

I also tried booting using "Run as Administrator" but can't say if it was needed to solve the problem or not, worth trying though if Windows is blocking something running.

Posted by: arash (---.adsl2.static.versatel.nl)
Date: September 14, 2015 02:30PM

I had same issue with win10 pro 64bit
Solution: Microsoft ISS is installed by win10 default on port 80
Open InstalledDrive:\\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf\httpd.conf file
and change
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 0.0.0.0:80
Listen [::0]:80
to e.g.
#Listen 12.34.56.78:8080
Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
Listen [::0]:8080
Then restart alle services and visit http:\\localhost:8080 on your browser

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: September 14, 2015 03:43PM

A better solution is to uninstall IIS and all associated software

1. IIS
2. Web Deploy 2.0 (Web Deployment Agent Service)
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.
4. BranchCache ( Windows 8.1 )
5. SQL Server VSS Writer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Simmoniz (---.81-162-184.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: October 02, 2015 12:33AM

Wow... this pages shows up first when googling the problem, and all theses solutions are really scary.

Apache just can't listen to port 80.... simply. Windows 10 activates IIS by default, which listen to port 80. So... Here is a really simple working solution for people who get here first :

1. Hit Windows+R (as administrator)
2. type "net stop WAS", hit enter, say yes to the question
3. Restart wamp server services

Please remove first replys like "install MSVC C++ runtime libraries" or "unsinstall / reinstall wampserver". Theses solutions won'T work and if people follow theses instructions they will lose their time trying.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2015 09:35AM

Hi,

By making what you write, you're just postpone the problem at the next reboot of the machine. This is only a temporary palliative, not a permanent solution.

The permanent solution is to implement all points of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS and mainly the points 03 and 08.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 10:57AM by Otomatic.

Posted by: Simmoniz (---.81-162-184.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: October 10, 2015 07:04PM

1. Write down "services" in search bar
2. Right Click "Component services", select "run as administrator"
3. In "Services (local)" section. look for the "World Wide Web Publishing Services" item, double click on it
4. Select start option "manually" if you don't need IIS or don't want IIS to start automatically, hit "stop" button. Click "ok"

(Terms may not be exactly the same since I am on a french OS)

Otomati. Users can perform troubleshooting tips 03 to 08, of course. Sorry if I have been rude. I just wanted to point out the fact that this thread / forum shows up first when googling the problem. Theses 4 simple steps would be very helpful for them and save their time.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.