wampserver 2.1e 32bit MySQL not starting
Posted by: intrax (---.ip.telfort.nl)
Date: April 14, 2011 06:15PM

Hello all,

I just upgraded from WAMP5 to Wampserver 2.1e 32 bit.
Uninstalled WAMP5 first and deletd directory /wamp
After install of wampserver 2.1e MySQL is not starting with foll. error:
110414 16:52:43 [Note]
110414 17:50:43 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
110414 17:50:43 [Note] Plugin 'InnoDB' is disabled.
110414 17:50:43 [ERROR] wampmysqld: unknown variable 'default-character-set=latin1'
110414 17:50:43 [ERROR] Aborting

I have NO 'default-character-set' variable defined in my.ini so what the heck is this error about ?

Should the WAMP package not simply WORK after the install ???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver 2.1e 32bit MySQL not starting
Date: April 14, 2011 06:29PM

I have found it !
There was another my.ini (old one) in the /windows directory, this had the 'default-character-set' variable.
Should n't wampserver just read from the my.ini that is set in wampserver.conf ?
This is VERY confusing !!!

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2011 01:31AM

Actually you confused yourself since you should remove all other web and Db server before installing wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 15, 2011 08:55PM

Oh come on... you're just talking bullshxxx ! Because it's exactly what I did... just somehow one config (my.ini) was left in windows directory...
One config file as described in wampserver.conf is ENOUGH don't you think ?... if you start reading config files from all over there is NO NEED to specify one in wampserver.conf !
Just not very clear thinking from your side... ah well these French still are a strange bunch since WW2... I Suggest switching XAMPP (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html)...and is without French quircks..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 08:58PM by intrax.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:02PM

Its not Wamp.

It MYSQL and PHP.

they look in a predefined order for configuration files and thats just the way it is.

XAMMP will suffer the same issues.

WampServer is better then XAMMP anyway

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: April 15, 2011 11:28PM

One config file as described in wampserver.conf is ENOUGH don't you think ?... if you start reading config files from all over there is NO NEED to specify one in wampserver.conf !
Just not very clear thinking from your side... ah well these French still are a strange bunch since WW2...
Developers of MySQL set it up that way; thus, any and all wamp package such as this Wampserver, Xampp, EasyPHP... will face same issue, so if you're smarter than MySQL's developers, create your own DB server; otherwise as posted, you've confused yourself and you should clear your head before posting or even American like most of us here would think that you're even stranger bunch than French winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 16, 2011 01:58AM

Still no sound answer as expected... this is why the internet doubles in size every month just balooning with bullsh...

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 16, 2011 08:05AM

yes because of people like you.... who cant do a little bit of research on their own

maybe you should look at this and learn >>> [lmgtfy.com]

PHP.INI
-------------
php.ini is searched in these locations (in order):

■SAPI module specific location (PHPIniDir directive in Apache 2, -c command line option in CGI and CLI, php_ini parameter in NSAPI, PHP_INI_PATH environment variable in THTTPD)

■The PHPRC environment variable. Before PHP 5.2.0 this was checked after the registry key mentioned below.

■As of PHP 5.2.0, the location of the php.ini file can be set for different versions of PHP. The following registry keys are examined in order: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\x.y.z], [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\x.y] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\x], where x, y and z mean the PHP major, minor and release versions. If there is a value for IniFilePath in these keys, then the first one found will be used as the location of the php.ini (Windows only).

■[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP], value of IniFilePath (Windows only).

■Current working directory (except CLI)

■The web server's directory (for SAPI modules), or directory of PHP (otherwise in Windows)

■Windows directory (C:\windows or C:\winnt) (for Windows), or --with-config-file-path compile time option

And the same appiles for MYSQL....

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 08:09AM by stevenmartin99.

Date: April 16, 2011 09:16PM

yes because of people like you.... who cant do a little bit of research on their own
He he... he he... winking smiley

You remind me on a talk show they're talking about a guy wanted to sue a company that make the toilet paper just because he could NOT clean his b*tt clean sad smiley

Oh come on... you're just talking bullshxxx !
In my own opinion, I feel very bad about these people who are the causes for the war in the world since they never admit their mistake no matter how wrong they are and turn around to accuse the issue on the opponents and ready to start a fight

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: wampserver 2.1e 32bit malfunctioning
Posted by: gloreal (41.138.164.---)
Date: April 17, 2011 05:06AM

I installed Wamp and I have been trying to install joomla on wamp and all I get is this huge error message..... Please come to my rescue!!!!

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`' at line 29 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `description` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `sticky` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `ordering` INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `publish_up` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `publish_down` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `tags` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `params` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`bid`), KEY `viewbanner` (`showBanner`), INDEX `idx_banner_catid`(`catid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`

Date: April 17, 2011 08:22PM

Open file joomla.sql and find
TYPE=MyISAM
Replace w/
ENGINE=MyISAM
To setup Joomla, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.