phpmyadmin
Posted by: quadrantids (---.ncc.abo.bbox.fr)
Date: January 17, 2015 03:00PM

Hello,

I have just installed wampserver on a windows 8.1 machine.

Everything works except that I cannot define the display field from the relation view.

I suspect this is because the installation is in some way incomplete.

Can anyone help please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 17, 2015 04:44PM

Hi quadrantids,

I am afraid that none of the regular visitor here are Clarevoyant and I personally am not looking over your shoulder, so I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are trying to ask.

So you may have to take just a little more of your time to describe your specific issue.

Also if you prefer to communicate in French there is a French version of this Forum Click here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 17, 2015 05:37PM

Thx for your response and apologies for my lack of precision.

Having installed wampserver, my difficulty is with phpmyadmin. I'm not very knowledgeable but on my lamp with phpmyadmin (linux mint), in the Relation view of a table (Structure tab/Relation view, there is a drop down menu which enables one to choose which field to display.

When using wampserver and the phpmyadmin that was installed automatically at the same time, I do not have this drop menu. The result is that when consulting my "event" table I only see the contact_id field from my "contact" table and not the last_name of that contact. My workaround is to have two windows open but this is not very elegant.

I have noticed that on my lamp installation, when I open phpmyadmin, there is a "phpmyadmin" database as well as my databases. This "phpmyadmin" database does not appear when using phpmyadmin on the wampserver.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Date: January 17, 2015 07:00PM

Strange,

Structure tab -> Relation link there is a drop down menu which enables one to choose which field to display.

That works for me.

Are you sure you have logged in using the 'root' account?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 17, 2015 10:09PM

When I start wampserver from the system tray and then right-click to select phpmyadmin, Firefox opens the phpmyadmin home page WITHOUT asking me for my password.

At the bottom of this page is a warning message: "Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'."

I'm sorry to have to ask but where and how do I rectify this? (When I installed wampserver it didn't ask me any questions, such as a password for mysql for or phpmyadmin.)

Thanks for your help.

Date: January 18, 2015 01:51PM

By default all MYSQL installs start out with a default userid of 'root' that has no password.

This is the same with WAMPServer.

phpMyAdmin has a config file, for wampserver2.5 its \wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\config.inc.php

In there there is a parameter :-
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';    <-- THIS ONE

If you chnage the 'root' accounts password you also have add that password in here, so phpMyAdmin can login to MySQL using the new password.

My other question is : Are you creating a MYISAM database or a INNODB database? As when you create MYISAM databases the option you are looking for does not exist as that feature belongs to INNODB databases.

Date: January 21, 2015 11:59AM

Hello,

I've set a password for root at the mysql console and made the appropriate change in the config file for phpmyadmin. So far so good!

But I still have the initial problem in that the Structure tab/Relation view doesn't show the drop down menu "Choose field to display".

I chose INNODB for my two tables when I created the database.

Thx for your help.

Date: January 21, 2015 03:49PM

Looks like I've found the problem: the Designer table wasn't installed in phpmyadmin!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.