Apache Port 80 conflict with MS IIS/7.5
Posted by: Livingston (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 19, 2014 06:39PM

Running Wampserver 2.2. Was working about a year ago but not now. Did the suggested research and figure Apache can't open port 80 do to another task having it.

It appears MS IIS/7.5 is that task.

I've read lots of approaches in this forum. One thread seems to go toward changing the WS port to something like 8080.

The other is to not use the conflicting app (IIS in this case).

I'm assuming IIS got installed for a reason so I'm reluctant to uninstalling it. Not sure what would have required it but I do run quite a number of apps on the laptop, including ArcGIS Desktop.

How do I find out why IIS is installed? And what should I do if I want that app to stay installed? Do I look into changing the port choice in either WS or the IIS-using app?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Port 80 conflict with MS IIS/7.5
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 19, 2014 08:30PM

If its Window 8 or 8.1 it gets installed by default FOR NO GOOD REASON.

If you dont know you are using it, you are not.

Uninstall it, its a waste of memory and a hugh security problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.