Correct Apache errors AH00015,AH00451,AH0072?
Posted by: Laura_D (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 11:32PM

Icon is Orange

- Error log lists Apache errors under event ID 3266: Errors are:

AH00015 -unable to open logs local id 1033, AH00451: no listing sockets available, OS10045 only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted AH0072 make_stock could not bind to address 0.0.0.0.80) OS 10048 only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted AH0072 make_sock could not bind to address (:smiling smiley:80

Follow directions to find what is bound to 80 and it is blank. (?)

Windows 8.1, 64 bit , Wamp 2.5, Apache 2.4.9, My sql 5.6.17, php 5.5.12 Wamp is installed on drive D

Looks like there is some problem with sock 80. However, I cannot figure out how to correct the error. Not running SKYPE, tried turning off antivirus. WAMP has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I think something must have been left behind on 80 - but do not know how to find and remove. Or there is another problem.

Help is much appreciated! I'm so frustrated!

Laura_D

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Correct Apache errors AH00015,AH00451,AH0072?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 11:53PM

Can you try this please, it sounds like your systems got a little scrambled.

Open a command prompt as Administrator

Run

netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
ipconfig /flushdns

Reboot if necessary

Try apache again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: December 18, 2014 04:51AM

RiggsFolly

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am unfamiliar with command prompts and uneasy about using them. I don't understand what they mean exactly.

I have uninstalled WAMP - yet it seems that something got left behind that occupies the 80 socket. I've used WAMP for at least four years without any problem. This trouble is occurring on a new computer.

I did try "XAMPP and the database was unable to connect with the wordpress program. (That was my effort at a simpler solution)

So is there another simpler way to clear socket 80?

Thanks again

Date: December 18, 2014 06:52AM

some success -

I was able to configure WAMP to work with Wordpress on my C drive. So that is up and running.

The problem apparently was trying to configure WAMP-Wordpress on a micro-sd card or on a flash drive. That is where I got all the errors.

Both the SD card and the flash drive were each 128GB. Previously, I have been successful on similar media only 64GB or less. Perhaps the size of the media in GB is a complicating factor. That seems strange tho.

Or maybe because I changed external drives (previously configured successfully) from 64 gb to go to the larger 128 GB version meant that something was left behind (in spite of my uninstalling) that blocked the new larger drive from running wamp properly.

I very much wanted to run wordpress from an external or removable SD drive. (C drive has limited space). At the moment, I am very sick of all this WAMP trial and error process and I do have an effectively running program on the C drive. However, by tomorrow, I will no doubt welcome suggestions for trying again to run WAMP on a non C drive.

Thanks for your input!
Laura_D

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 18, 2014 10:45AM

There are only 2 things that truely "get installed" so to speak when using WAMPServer. They are the Apache service and the MySQL service

These are called `wampapache` and `wampmysqld` if you look at the services snapin.

If you are unsure that they were removed by the install ( they should have been ) :-

Look at the services snapin, if they still exist you can manually remove them like this:

open a command window "As Administrator"

enter

sc delete wampapache
sc delete wampmysqld

I do seem to remember seeing something about people having issues using SSD drives, but I cannot find anything useful to prove it.

Also when you uninstall, its always a good idea to go and manually delete the \wamp folder and any subfolders.
The uninstall will only remove files that it installed and then only if they are unchanged, so any new files you add may still be there and any you modify as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2014 10:56AM

Hi,

> The problem apparently was trying to configure WAMP-Wordpress on a micro-sd card
> or on a flash drive. That is where I got all the errors.
This is possible.
There are two conditions for it to work properly:
- 1 - Removable disk must always have the same drive letter when it is connected.
- 2 - Use VirtualHost for Wordpress: WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 18, 2014 03:20PM

RiggsFolly and Otomatic - thank you! thank you!

Well, this morning I was able to set up and run a WordPress site on WAMP on a 32GB Flash Drive! I am not entirely sure why this has worked. It is possible that the size of the drive is a factor - though that is hard to believe.

Otomatic - I was careful to keep the drive letter the same for the jump drive (as it was in previous uses). This is clearly helpful.

I do not understand what you mean by virtual hosts. I run WAMP as localhost. Can you run it as virtualhost instead?

RiggsFolly - It is good to know how to uninstall via command window. (even though using the command window stills makes me uneasy) Looks like I haven't needed it.

For now, I am going to assume that the drive size was a factor. I am not willing to again go through the possible misery of trying to install WAMP on a 128 GB removable drive. Maybe in a few days, using the advice that the two of you have provided, I will try again.

Again, thank you so much for the help! And, Otomatic, if you can explain virtual host a little, I would appreciate.

Laura_D

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2014 04:03PM

Hi,

> I do not understand what you mean by virtual hosts.
Read the content pointed by the link at the right of - 2 - winking smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 18, 2014 07:19PM

Ottomatic -

Read your section on virtual host. The end result of being able to move your worpress site from local, on the computer host to the web seems quite wonderful. I didn't know that could be done.

However, at first read, setting up virtual host seems quite complex. I will save your explanation for a later time when I have time to try to work through the process you describe.

Thanks again for your replies!

Laura_D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.