WindowXp PHP MySQL Connectivity Problem
Posted by: ccpplinux (---.64.190.136.ahd.dialup.vsnl.net.in)
Date: January 23, 2011 05:40AM

Hi all,
On one of my Windows XP system I am unable to connect to mysql from php script. I am able to login to mysql server from the command line as well as mysql console provided by WAMP 2.0 but from php script mysql_connect() function is always failing. I have tested WAMP 2.0 and three versions of EasyPHP but in each case I am facing the same problem. Even phpMyAdmin is not being starting on this system. I have also followed the steps mentioned on the page [forge.mysql.com] ... ySQLServer but of no use. Can any one give me clue for reason behind this type of problem?

I have also tried XAMPP, but I am getting following message when I am trying to access phpmyadmin:

===========================
#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
===========================

Best Regards ...
Pankaj Kumar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WindowXp PHP MySQL Connectivity Problem
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2011 05:04AM

I have tested WAMP 2.0 and three versions of EasyPHP but in each case I am facing the same problem.
I have also tried XAMPP, but I am getting following message when I am trying to access phpmyadmin:
If you've already knew this, I just want to clarify for somebody that doesn't know winking smiley

All these Wampserver, EasyPHP, XAMPP, ... are WAMP package as WAMP stands for Windows, Apache, Mysql, and Php and thus when you've already had one, you can't have another, ie. you will have issue... as the result, in order for this wamp to work, you have to remove all wamp packages including this wamp, their document root folders, their registries... restart PC then reinstall this wamp

To setup Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Website w/ Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Database Account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.