Wampserver 2.5 problems with Worpress and Cherry framework - unable to save or import data
Posted by: NewBeginnings (---.telkomadsl.co.za)
Date: December 17, 2014 09:28AM

Good day,

I'm using wampserver 2.5 64-bit on a laptop running Windows Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
Wamp, php my admin and local host runs fine, but as soon as I install Worpress and login to the admin panel, I can see pages, posts, but cannot save changes or create new pages. When I do the exact same installation on a live server I have no problems.

When I use the Cherry data importer on the local site it also says:

"some of your server settings do not meet the requirements for installing the sample data. Please, consult with your hosting provider on how to increase the required values. post_max_size (Mb) current=3 and required=8".

I've tried increasing this, but I'm obviously doing something wrong as it does not seem to work.

So I'm not sure whether the creation and saving of pages are related to the requirements for installing sample data, but would appreciate your assistance. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Regards
Dawie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver 2.5 problems with Worpress and Cherry framework - unable to save or import data
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 17, 2014 10:12AM

Hi Dawie,

My guess is that you are editing the wrong php.ini, there are 2.

Use the wampmanager menu to make sure you are editing the correct one

wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini

This will edit \wamp\bin\php\php{version}\phpForApache.ini

The \wamp\bin\php\php{version}\php.ini is used by the PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.