Message not understand
Posted by: Imagem-VIP (177.130.55.---)
Date: December 11, 2014 01:30PM

Can someone please help me, whenever I try to test my project, this message appears.

Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\wamp\www\imagemvip\Connections\COMENTARIO.php on line 9

How can I fix?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2014 01:37PM by Imagem-VIP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Message not understand
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2014 01:47PM

HJi,

Just read the error message and apply what is written.

USE mysqli instead of mysql.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 11, 2014 01:53PM

Hi Imagam,

Well the fix is to convert all your mysql_* function calls to either mysqli_* or PDO calls.

The temporary work-around is to change the PHP error reporting like so :-

Edit php.ini ( using the wampmanage->PHP->php,ini )

Find this line

error_reporting = E_ALL

And change it to
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

I say temporary work-around, because in a year or so PHP 7 will be releases and I would expect that the MYSQL_ extension will not be part of that release. At that time you will either be stuck on PHP5.6 or you will have to re-write your mysql access code completely in order to move to MYSQL 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: December 11, 2014 03:32PM

Guys, I made the correction to mysql mysqli and is now appearing this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in C:\wamp\www\imagemvip\Connections\COMENTARIO.php on line 9

what's wrong now?

Date: December 11, 2014 04:59PM

I am not sure what you think you did?

But mysql_pconnect() is of course a mysql_ function call and therefore one of the DEPRECATED functions belonging to the mysql_* set.

What did you ACTUALLY DO ?????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: December 11, 2014 07:38PM

Hello RiggsFolly
I simply created a database for a website, and I was testing with a form I created in Dreamweaver, but when I go to test in the browser (google Chrome) by Dreamweavre this message appears, when I go in the C: \ wamp \ www. direct and click on the file the message does not appear.

Date: December 11, 2014 09:04PM

I assume what you did was deactivate the php_mysql extension and activated the php_mysqli extension.

If so that IS NOT what I suggested doing.

Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: December 30, 2014 02:15PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

You're really awesome!

I was just harrowing my brains with this error and found your post as a clean-cut solution to the problem, (though not so clean, in the long run) for I'd rather not joggle around with the high hat PDO at the moment.

To reinforce your last statement about MySQLi, Dreamweaver does not support MySQLi.

Season's greetings..

Caydee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.