both localhost and phpmyadmin not working sad smiley
Posted by: fayaz123 (116.71.50.---)
Date: January 01, 2011 12:01AM

i have install wamp since last 3 month and i tried all the possible solution from searching net to reslove my wamp problem which is a causal problem that usually occur...here is the description of my probelm

i have install wamp in c drive

when i click on localhost or on phpmy admin....its open chrome browser and shows loading page (a blank page)

i have no iis -but a floder "intepub" which gives me eror when i tried to delete

i have no skype

my firewall are block

when i write on cmd to check which process uses my port 80 by typing netstat -aon so i found its process ID 1296 which is' httpd' which mean that wamp is using... so why my wamp is not working properly and in task manager there is 2 httpd.... when i delete both and restart apache... its again appeat 2..

my windows is xp sp2

kindly give me a better workable solution so that i can start working on my project.... this is my last hope if anyone not fixed my problem... so i have to apply the wrost solution that is switching to new win (windows 7) by formating C ..

need urgent help sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 12:13AM by fayaz123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: both localhost and phpmyadmin not working sad smiley
Posted by: Owningbro2 (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 01, 2011 05:43AM

kk so left click wamp server, apache, service, test port 80

If there is anything in use, you will have to change its ports or uninstall it.

Now go to google and download PF Port Checker. Turn off and exit WAMP Server. Run the program and and check port 80 for tcp and udp. If they are not open, you will need to open the ports. If they are open, try reinstalling wamp server.

To open ports, try this:

go to google and type port forwarding, and follow the instructions on that website to access your router and open ports. If you still don' t know how to port forward (which is, opening ports), then post here. Also, e-mail me at 2114515@dupage88.org. Anyone else reading this post can also e-mail me.

No Problem, smiling smiley

Posted by: fayaz123 (119.155.27.---)
Date: January 01, 2011 08:24AM

10x for ur reply first of all........

i already check test port 80 from wamp... its show "your port 80 is actually used by : " then blank nothing showing... lock in buzy waiting i guess

the software u suggest "pf port checker" tell me when i test port 80 -->

"your port is not open or not reachable "

i cant able to understand the web u given to me for openning port 80

kindly give me step by step procedure....

but whey its showing when i use this cammand (netstat -aon) its tell that port 80 is using...so why pf port checker telling that my port 90 is not open or reachable sad smiley

Posted by: fayaz123 (119.155.27.---)
Date: January 01, 2011 09:27AM

there is an another which is and Aestean try menu.... when i click put online/offline... sad smiley what the hell sad smiley

Posted by: Owningbro2 (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 01, 2011 10:42PM

do you have like gmail or some yahoo messenger where i can contact you?

Posted by: zac1987 (60.53.184.---)
Date: January 01, 2011 11:39PM

I got the solution for you.

The reason cause this error :
Your wamp server is using port 80, if your other program like antivirus or online movie player or skype is also using port 80, then your wamp will fail and not working. So you need to end task the program that is using port 80!!!

Solution :
I am here to guide you how to check which program is using port 80, and how to delete it. Please follow the 7 steps from my blog : [ye5.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 11:39PM by zac1987.

Posted by: fayaz123 (119.155.21.---)
Date: January 02, 2011 11:07AM

here is my following ids

fayaz_89@hotmail.com -> where i usually online

fayaz.aziz@yahoo.com -> just check mails

fayaz.aziz@gmail.com -> use oftenly

u can add me at my hotmail account...

i have ESET nod 32 antivirus which i already close and its not start automatically meanwhile i dnt have skype no movie player....

Posted by: fayaz123 (119.155.21.---)
Date: January 02, 2011 11:12AM

@@@@@zac

i already told in my previous post that i already use netstat to check which porcess uses by port 80 and its shows proces name of ' httpd' which is Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol so its mean that wamp is using my port 80

i think the issue is not of the port but of the iis services which mite bi running after uninstalling iis from control panel (as i mention that there is a floder Intepub in c which is created when iis install .........

any other pro who can slove m y issue.... or i format my c and install windows 7 (which i dnt want to do... :@)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.