Getting Started with WAMP
Posted by: cf (61.149.89.---)
Date: December 10, 2010 12:59PM

Hi all,

I am a pseudo-coder? Not really, I know HTML, some javascript, and used to know a decent amount of C++ about 6 years ago but have not done much since then, still very familiar with HTML and have updated myself to XML/Web 2.0 standards. I am trying to get my knowledge back to work on developing a great website for my business and I wanted to learn php and mysql so I can either build a site from the ground up or at least customize a CMS or Wordpress to possibly be more powerful as for my personal needs and trim the fat I don't need. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I noticed others seemed to be having some troubles with Windows 7 and 64 bit, well my WAMP starts and goes online fine, but I did make one mistake I am not sure how to correct. I went into phpmyadmin and gave myself a password. Now when I try to login it says:

"

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I do not know how to login with my password. Also, running a simple, first php lesson such as the following produces no output (saved as C:\wamp\www\index.html)

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP playground</title>
<body>
<?php

echo "Hello World";

?>
</body>
</html>

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting Started with WAMP
Posted by: cf (61.149.89.---)
Date: December 10, 2010 01:04PM

Also, when I try to view "index.php" that comes in the www directory it asks me whether to open or save, I click open, and it gives me the same question... it will not simply display the information on my screen?

Re: Getting Started with WAMP
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2010 10:26PM

You need to reset MySQL then setup password; also check Setup Website guide

Download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Website w/ WAMP, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Database Account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.