ZIP functionality has been built in to PHP beginning with v5.2

Why do you offer any version newer if we cannot enable the ZIP
functionality in WAMPServer?

Are there any plans to fix this bug?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ZIP functionality
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 14, 2010 02:53AM

What is your your problem? Did you enable both zip and phar since recently we've made a small simple script to add more games into our game site and we dont have any problem to extract zip, gzip and tar files

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: MB34 (64.128.16.---)
Date: August 16, 2010 05:41PM

Every time I try to enable php_zip, I get errors stating that php_zip.dll cannot be found. I have PHP 5.3.1.
If it cannot be enabled via the menu, then it should be on by default, correct?

Posted by: Fraybentino (---.dialup.adsl.anteldata.net.uy)
Date: November 18, 2010 10:33PM

I have the same problem. php_zip. dll file does not exist in the ext folder of php. Wampserver team must offer that file.

I hope they will respond.

Thanks

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: November 18, 2010 10:46PM

there is no team..

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: November 20, 2010 12:27AM

Steven, we really appreciate your help here in this forums, but sometimes you're kind of crossing the line, man sad smiley

For example, it's more than 1 time some Wamp users lost their databases because of following your suggestions; to you, those databases mean nothing and you just simply posted whatever first came to your mind, but those databases might be very imortant to those Wamp users and it might cost them their carreer, and with the very bad economy nowadays, losing job is very critical and it's very sad to see some news about a man lost his job and he bought a gun to kill his wife and all his children and finally killed himself or another story about a single mother after losing her job, she drowned her children 1 by 1 in the bath tub then killed herself...

stevenmartin99
there is no team..
Rom, the developer of this Wampserver package, is busy with his everyday job and also in progress to develop the all-new Wampserver, and I, even very busy too, always jump in to help others every time, I mean almost every time I have a little free time, so I really wonder why you could post something like "no team..."

Despite the fact about support here in this forums is volunteering without paying and mostly the experienced Wamp users help the new comers, if you don't like that kind of support, you should hang around some other forums instead posting some lame comments and/or careless suggestions sometimes

Thanks you

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: November 20, 2010 01:15AM

Fraybentino and MB34
Try phar as mentioned or upgrade to php 5.3.2 and the instruction for upgrade is in FAQ

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: November 20, 2010 01:32AM

Crossing the line? I was merely addressing a mistake in the users post. There isnt a team.

The user could easily go and find a copy of the file , instead of demanding that a non existant team should do it for him.

The zip extension isnt in the folder for whatever reason (Well quite a simple reason actually )
A quick search in Google would have told the user that in fact they didnt need to include that extension at all becasue

"This extension is now built-in to PHP 5.3.0 onwards"

There is asking for help .... an then there is being lazy...

People who ask lazy questions , will get a lazy answer.

Perhaps the user would like to read the entire webpage > [catb.org] About how to use forums etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rom, the developer of this Wampserver package, is busy with his everyday job and also in progress to develop the all-new Wampserver, and I, even very busy too, always jump in to help others every time, I mean almost every time I have a little free time, so I really wonder why you could post something like "no team..." "

Is this your opinion or you know this? Surely he couldn't be too busy to post only a single post in a year which turned out to be a lie? ( with only a single post for 2010 he wrote - " ill be back in september" )

Anyway I guess from your post that i should add - " Im an not responible for your death if you choose to follow my advice"

and maybe you should add - "Im am not responible if you go blind trying to differentiation between the infomartion and adverts in my guides"

PS- I havent caused anyone to lose their databases. I remember helping many rebuild them from messed up ib_logfiles

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 06:38AM by stevenmartin99.

Date: November 20, 2010 03:31AM

Crossing the line? I was merely addressing a mistake in the users post.

The zip extension isnt it the folder for whatever reason
Already stated about the databases, so I did not address the question in this thread but give some examples on your posts from other threads... And to adress the question on this thread, I've posted the suggestions I've already experienced or recommend to upgrade to later version since some people, not all, have problem with PHP 5.3.0 and 5.3.1

There is asking for help .... an then there is being lazy...

People who ask lazy questions , will get a lazy answer.
You can simply post "google for it" instead posting a lame comment on the team

Is this your opinion or you know this?
It's a fact based on emails b/w us that he's in progress to develop all-new wamp and since it's all-new, wamp users have to backup all current websites and databases if chosing to upgrade when it's available since all current wamp 2 versions, including unofficials, might not be compatible winking smiley

Surely he couldn't be too busy to post only a single post in a year which turned out to be a lie?
You've been here long enough to surely know he rarely post on forums

I guess from your post that i should add - " Im an not responible for your death if you choose to follow my advice"
Already mentioned, it might mean nothing to you but might be life or death situation to others, so you can simply add to mention the result would cause when doing certain things instead only post whatever first came to your mind

and maybe you should add - "Im am not responible if you go blind trying to differentiation between the infomartion and adverts in my guides"
People do what they like on their own spaces, as long as not on others' spaces and nobody forces anybody to stay so if somebody does not like too much ads on my guides, (s)he can easily find another guide somewhere else since there are millions similar guides out there

Anyway, already mentioned, the support on this forums is volunteer basic without any paying and mostly experienced Wamp users help new Wamp users and most frequent posters including you and me already knew this, so if you don't like this type of support, perhaps you would do better on your own forums or might better hang around some other forums instead of wasting your time to post some lame comments on the team members or just throw in some suggestions but don't care what would cause the other users sometimes

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Marco90 (---.41-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: November 30, 2010 08:28PM

Hi everyone I never post here on the forum but i read your replies all the time and I learnt lots of things from Steven's answers. I had some problems with Wamp too and he always helped me. I didnt lose my database, but even if that happened, we cant blame people who help on here. Yfastud, i guess you were over reacting, if someone loses their job and kills someone, is it Steven or whoever replies on here's fault??
If the people who help makes mistakes, we cant complain. If we wanna be better we shud just improve ourselves instead of relying on others (it's true that there are people having probls and people being lazy).
I read that many Wamp users were wondering where the official 'team' was, since there hasnt been any update for ages. So i guess it's not so weird to say that theres no team if the only person in charge hasnt been on here for over a year. And yes -he might be busy- but if he's too busy to look after his own project, then he shud let someone else work 'officially' on it, instead of dropping it and leaving all Wamp Users without any update.
By the way, thank u Steven for your 'unofficial' versions. even if they are unofficial, we can finally rely on something up to date that works as well as the official one. I guess we can judge how much people care from facts, rather than (unaccomplished) words.
Best regards,
Marco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 08:30PM by Marco90.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.