URL /wordpress3/?????? was not found on this server
Posted by: seldomseen (93.180.197.---)
Date: October 22, 2010 01:58PM

Hi guys and gals....
Let me start by saying this prog is brill..I have a absolutly Cr""p connection with speeds varying from 0 bites to 14Kbps so this program is cloud 9 and saves me loads of waiting for the uploads to communicate with the remote server..trouble is there is a BUT in there somewhere.

I get on grate .....design my pages how I want them...looking good says I......get into about 7 pages deep and all of a sudden all the pages vanish and I get:-
URL /wordpress3/the-green-bits/grapes/ was not found on this server

when I click on the link, I know its there as I was just looking at it and all the links worked 5 mins ago..
the only page that is left visible is the last page I was designing...

I have tried 3 x to design with dif projects every time, hence why the wordpress is on 3 now.

this has gotto be something simple....I have tried zonealrms AOK and switched off windows firewall, I have rebooted time after time switched on and off all services etc but hey ho nowt there....any suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URL /wordpress3/?????? was not found on this server
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: October 22, 2010 02:37PM

ul need to set up vhosts for apache

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2010 03:57PM

You need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple domains/websites and even you have only 1 domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; then you can access locally w/ 'http://site'; if dont have real domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: seldomseen (95.111.233.---)
Date: October 23, 2010 12:38PM

Thanks ppls, I shall try...... and run back to ask all sorts of stupid questions. here goes...if not back in 2 days send out a search party lol

Posted by: seldomseen (95.111.226.---)
Date: October 25, 2010 12:33PM

I tried all the hacks and setup but lost everything could not even find the local host so gave up for the time being on everyone in www land logging in.Ill just carry on designing, but just for knowledge wise on anyone else having this trouble, here was the problem I had.....

On setting up wordpress 3 I lost the pages and posts when I changed the date format....simple and to the point, it was NOT wampserver at all it was wordpress.

So problem solved for the time being and thanks for the advise,
I think what I will do, if its possible (Ill test it out on the live website that no one is visiting)
is to design my site get it running how I want on my local PC then back it up and get the live site running with all the same programs and widgets etc then do a restore with the backup I have on my PC, on the live site through Wordpress.........I think that will work not too sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.