WAMP Server - Internal Server Error
Posted by: yourlocalsheriff (---.lnse4.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 14, 2010 04:38AM

I have installed the latest version of WAMP Server on my Laptop, and I can start all Services OK.
I am new to WAMP and have been following tutorials.

I have created a Project: C:\WAMP\www\QEStel_Dev and restored a copy of my Joomla site to it.
As per tutorial I have updated the httpd.conf file to reflect the new path, but when I try to open Localhost I get "Internal Server Error" - the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Can somebody please help me with this asap as I need to get the development site running asap.
It is a pity I cannot attach any screenshots or logs.

Many thanks in advance.

John Wilson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Server - Internal Server Error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2010 04:23PM

Did you setup db acct for your new joomla?

To setup DB account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Joomla, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: WAMP Server - Internal Server Error
Posted by: yourlocalsheriff (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 15, 2010 06:18AM

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have used PHPadmin to create a database, username and password.
I am using Akeeba Backup & Kickstart Restore to install the full Joomla website, which is a minimum, skeleton website (nothing complex).

As the WAMP tutorial instructs, I have created a QEStel folder in localhost (WAMP/www), moved kickstart.php and the backup ZIP file there and installed from there, which appears to complete successfully.
When I restart WAMP services I would expect QEStel_dev to appear on the localhost screen as a project, but it doesn't.

While I am not a technical web developer, as a former assembler programmer, I have sufficient logical understanding to know how it should work. I am obviously doing something basic wrongly.

I have looked at {blog.jlbn.net} which contains good info for later, but I cannot see anything that relates to my issue, which I think is too early in the piece.

Can you offer any further basic advice.
Thanks again in advance.

John Wilson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.