Problems with Wamp
Posted by: vedrit (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: October 05, 2010 01:42AM

Wamp was running fine when I first set it up a year or so ago, then all of a sudden, when I try to continue the project it was part of, its not working. The computer it runs on is a server, so I keep all connections open.
I can view things with the localhost, but since the server doesnt have a static IP, I use NoIP. I think that the website isnt trying to connect to Wamp, so it sees nothing, and shows nothing. Is there something special I am supposed to put in the link to make the site try to connect to Wamp?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems with Wamp
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 05, 2010 03:58AM

if no static ip, you should use ip updater instead forward services such as noip; anyway, check if auto update might reset something such as iis, hosts file, firewall/antivirus....

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 07, 2010 01:06PM

But I'm not sure that the connection is even going to the right place. If I want to test it, do I just go to my external IP?

Date: October 07, 2010 02:15PM

Date: October 07, 2010 10:13PM

Ok, it works. No-IP can be used if a user has a dynamic IP.
Next problem: Is there any way to see what programs are using port 3306? I've had to change which port MySQL is listening to because it cannot start when using 3306, and I am running into all sorts of problems with that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 10:47PM by vedrit.

Date: October 07, 2010 10:55PM

yep, I do know what no-ip is, and as mentioned, you should avoid forward services such as no-ip because you limits your wamp pc to only 1 port and can NOT setup other things such as ftp, web-dav, mail, .... and for dynamic ip, just simply use ip updater winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 08, 2010 04:37AM

the problem I'm having is that when I change ports, the site is trying to find MySQL on 3306, but My SQL is listening to 3316 becuase it wont start on 3306. No-IP is not running on either of those, as far as I know

Date: October 08, 2010 06:17PM

as mentioned, when you use forward services such as no-ip, you limit your wamp pc to only 1 port, so if no-ip to set to forward port 80 to 81 for example, now it's looking for 'http://your_wan_ip:81:3306" and of course it can NOT find it, thus even you change mysql to listen on different port, you still face same problem sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 09, 2010 02:33AM

but its not doing a port redirect, only an IP redirect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.