phpmyadmin configuration
Posted by: echo (82.152.6.---)
Date: September 16, 2010 10:25PM

Hi from Echo -
I have a number of things I need to sort out with my database. I'll post them one at a time.
Ever since it was set up I get this message each time I go into phpmyadmin:

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.

I have been very worried about setting a password now as I've noted people on various threads I've read saying that things have gone wrong when a password has been set. Will it be OK to set a password now, thirteen tables later ?

I've noticed that in the priveleges section there are sections which refer to 'password'. One says 'change password' and the other says 'change login information'. Which do I use to create a password ? I notice that in the latter the options are 'Do not change password', no password and 'use text field'.

Sorry if this question sounds a bit basic but I'm very worried that I'll do something wrong and then gets loads of access denied messages when using the DB on the site I'm constructing.

Thanks -
Echo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin configuration
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 17, 2010 04:48PM

To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Website w/ Wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DB Account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.