Data troughput slow on wamp 2.0
Posted by: NELUZ_WR (---.purmerend.is.nl)
Date: September 08, 2010 03:45PM

Hi All,

Last week i was testing the bandwith of my server to see how fast i could download from it.
I was suprised with the results, because the download speed from the server to my pc (behind a 50Mbit internet connection) was approximately 5Mbit.

A download from the same server, to the same pc but now trough windows' IIS gives me download speed of 47Mbit.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be?
Is there a setting somewhere in wamp what is limiting the available bandwith?

The file i'm download is a simple 100mb.bin file.

Tnx in advance!
Kind regards
Niels.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Data troughput slow on wamp 2.0
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 08, 2010 04:55PM

kinda confused...

]the download speed from the server to my pc (behind a 50Mbit internet connection) was approximately 5Mbit.
Whats server are you downloading from here..... wampserver? or your downlaoding from from another server?

if so -did you test just downloading the file to the pc with out using iis or wamp to do it?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 04:56PM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: NELUZ_WR (---.cable.quicknet.nl)
Date: September 08, 2010 07:16PM

Ok let me clear some things up.

Wamp is running on my win2008 server wich is hanging at a datacenter in amsterdam behind a Cisco firewall with a 100Mbit uplink.

At home i have my pc behind a 50Mbit cable connection.
So theoratical i can download a 100Mb bin bestand from the server to my pc at home at approximately 50Mbit.

Right?

So when i start downloading the file trough wamp (url=http://www.nielsvandermade.nl/100mb.bin) i get a download speed of just 5Mbit.

When i download the same file but now trough te windows part of the server ( IIS) (url=http://www.vander-made.nl/100mb.bin ) i'm getting a speed of 48Mbit, so the maximum of my home connection.

I hope i explained the problem. (i'm dutch, so sometimes it's a bit hard explaining in englsch winking smiley

Posted by: NELUZ_WR (---.cable.quicknet.nl)
Date: September 09, 2010 09:04PM

Anyone?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.