Localhost problems
Posted by: SassleFrassle (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: December 31, 2008 09:59PM

Sorry if this is a double post. I checked several posts and then tried the search feature, and it didn't work.

Hello,

I installed a WAMP server on a server I have access to (Windows 2000 I believe)(IIS 5 I think) and installed WAMP because I heard it would be easier to use since I just need the PHP and MySQL, etc., for WordPress.

Anyway, I installed it, and selected the final option -- no server and it shows as online and all services are started. But, when I go to use the fuctions (Localhost, phpMyAdmin, etc) I get a 'The page cannot be found' error. Any help?

It may also be noted that I am new to setting up web servers. A local place gave me access to their server for my school's webpage, but I need to do it myself.

Thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 10:33PM by SassleFrassle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Localhost problems
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: December 31, 2008 10:57PM

try h ttp ://127.0.0.1 and let me know if this works?

wat colour is wamp icon?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: December 31, 2008 11:17PM

Hi Steve,

I tried to access it via the htp and got nothing.

I am colorblind... but the icon appears to be a half circle with a stripe of blue and yellow. Here is a screenshot of the icon: [i43.tinypic.com]

Thanks for your quick response...

Date: December 31, 2008 11:22PM

its never blue smiling smiley but i guess u have some accessiblty program that changes colour? as the pic u sent is blue!

its only ever red or yellow with white

goto c:/wamp/logs and post up the last 10lines of each apache_error and mysql logs files and ill have a look at why its not all white

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: December 31, 2008 11:33PM

To the best of my knowledge, there is no accessiblty program on that PC. THe PC settings, however, are set to very low and 256 Colors (Which I can't change). I also saved that in Paint, so it's either blue or purple. tongue sticking out smiley

MySQL.log

081231 11:56:43 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
081231 11:56:43 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
081231 11:56:43 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
081231 11:56:43 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
081231 11:56:43 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.30-community-log' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
081231 11:57:08 [Note] wampmysqld: Normal shutdown

081231 11:57:08 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
081231 11:57:09 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 0 46409
081231 11:57:09 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete

081231 11:58:53 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
081231 11:58:53 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
081231 11:58:53 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
081231 11:58:53 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
081231 11:58:53 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.30-community-log' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

---

I had to shut it down after I installed... because nothing was working at all.

php_error.log

[31-Dec-2008 11:56:50] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 385
[31-Dec-2008 11:56:50] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: list in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 33
[31-Dec-2008 11:56:50] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 497
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mywampfp in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 252
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: i in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 252
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mywampini in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 252
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 385
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 385
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: list in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 33
[31-Dec-2008 11:58:47] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php on line 497
--
Those were the only two files on there.

Also: I access that computer through Microsoft's MSTSC. That may due for some color loss as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 11:38PM by SassleFrassle.

Date: December 31, 2008 11:37PM

yes apache is not running. you will need to disable iis for wamp to work.

goto Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: December 31, 2008 11:40PM

Steve,

This is not my computer. The server for my site is hosted on it, and I have access to it. There are several other sites installed as well. If uninstall IIS, will that mess up the other web sites?

Thanks,

Date: December 31, 2008 11:43PM

wamp is a server.... but if you need to leave iis on it for others then u will need to change the port wamp is using for it to run. this is not ideal as you will need to usee ht tp://localhost:portnumber

open c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.8/conf

open httpd.conf and change

Listen 80

to

Listen 8080 for example

then save and restart. then use ht tp://localhost:8080 to access the site

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: December 31, 2008 11:53PM

Steve,

The icon is now 'red' and white. (Looks black and white, but I'll assume it's red.

The Server Configuration now loads. Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Happy holidays and happy new year.

--

This question may be unrelated, but we'll see... how would I access this via the web now? Sorry if I sound like a complete newbie, but... I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 12:02AM by SassleFrassle.

Date: January 01, 2009 12:10AM

ul need to get mysql working now.. try clicking on the mysql upgrade icon in the c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.1.30/

this might get the icon all one colour smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: January 01, 2009 08:00AM

I tried that, all it did was crash for some reason. The icon is still white and black.

I have a new problem though. I edited the file you said in Apache. I am using port 8080 now.

But every time I go to local host, phpadmin, etc., I need to manually type :8080 in there.

I tried to edit the wampmanager.ini file, and make everything [localhost] etc, and got nothing. Reverts back after I save!

Any way I can make it automatically recognize the port 8080?

Date: January 01, 2009 08:56AM

if you need to edit the wampmanger file you should edit the wampmanager.tpl file

u will always need :8080 at the end of the url . port 80 does not need this. buts iis is using it ..

follow my guide here>> [pampserver.com]

this will show you how to get it on the internet... you will probably need someone to open the port 8080 in the router there...

Honestly i dont think wamp is the solution for you. it would be easier to install php and mysql and phpmyadmin because the system is set up for iis.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Re: # 1045-access denied for user 'root'@ 'localhost'(using password:No)
Posted by: vipin (59.98.81.---)
Date: September 06, 2010 08:15AM

Hi,

I just setup WampServer 2.0. The following error message shows up while trying to open up phpMyAdmin 2.10.1

"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error
MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
vipin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.