WampServer doesn't work after reinstalling Windows
Posted by: Css14 (---.cust.vodafonedsl.it)
Date: October 30, 2014 05:39PM

Hello,

Thank you for your fantastic Support Forum. Here is my situation, I hope you can help me to solve this.

I was working on a Wordpress project using Wamp 2.5 with my PC (Windows 7 64-bit) and all was working fine. Unfortunately, I needed to reinstall Windows so I made a backup of my C:\Wamp folder. After reinstalling Windows and Wamp, I replaced the new folder with the old one (which included my project) and after launching Wamp the icon turns green correctly, but when I try to view or login to my website I get the "5-minutes Wordpress install". It seems to be needed to reinstall Wordpress. I entered the correct informations of my database but I get a lot of MySQL errors. It sounds like my database is corrupted, I'm unable to recover my Wordpress project. Is there something I could do? I really need to fix this and restore my website.

I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer doesn't work after reinstalling Windows
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 31, 2014 12:16AM

You just need to install the 2 services for Apache and MySQL. You can do this from the wampmanager menu like this

Run wampmanager.exe from the C:\wamp folder, then using the menus do

wampmanager -> Apache -> Service -> Install Service
wampmanager -> MySQL -> Service -> Install Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Css14 (---.cust.vodafonedsl.it)
Date: October 31, 2014 12:55AM

Hi RiggsFolly,

thank you for your fast reply.

I tried to install both the services as you said, but they were already enabled and working (for the Apache module I made the 80 port test) and my website is still not working. I hope I have not to start over my project, it would be very frustrating. sad smiley

Are there other solutions? Thank you once more.

Date: October 31, 2014 09:57AM

When you did the backup of the wamp folders, did you backup the whole c:\wamp folder and all its subfolders?

The databases live in \wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.y.z\data and subfolders of that.

Can you see the database with phpMyAdmin? And does it contain actual data?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Css14 (---.13-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: November 04, 2014 12:28PM

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I did the backup of the whole "C:\wamp" folder and all of its subfolders. I checked my "C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.17\data" folder and it contains a lot of files. When I access my database with phpMyAdmin I can see the database loaded, but if I try to select one of the tables ( for example, "wp_users" ), I get the #1146 error ( "Table 'database.wp_x_y doesn't exist" ).

Do you think is this the cause of my problem? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you once more.

Date: November 04, 2014 05:14PM

You should not have copied the WHOLE \wamp\.... folder structure to the new install.

Just copy the \wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.y.z folder and all its subfolders to the new install to get your databases back. Then you can switch the MySQL version back to the old one to see your databases.

Then you can copy just the \wamp\www\xxx folder(s) to move your websites from the old to the new install.

Posted by: Css14 (---.35-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: November 04, 2014 06:23PM

I am sure to have copied the whole Wamp folder.

However I tried to follow your steps but I get the same error sad smiley

I'm thinking I have to start over my project again, am I wrong?

Date: November 04, 2014 10:44PM

Non si dovrebbe avere copiato il TUTTO \ WAMP \ .... struttura delle cartelle per la nuova installazione.

Basta copiare il \ wamp \ bin \ mysql \ mysqlx.yz cartella e tutte le sottocartelle nella nuova installazione per ottenere i database indietro. Poi si può cambiare la versione di MySQL torna al vecchio per vedere i database.

Quindi è possibile copiare solo il \ wamp \ www \ cartella xxx (s) per spostare i vostri siti web dal vecchio al nuovo installazione.

Posted by: Css14 (---.35-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: November 04, 2014 11:21PM

Sorry, I misunderstood the first part of your reply.

However, I tried also by copying only the \wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.y.z folder and all its subfolders to the new install, but in phpMyAdmin I get the #1146 error and if I copy also the www\xxx folder I get the same error ( the "5-minutes Wordpress Install" ). sad smiley

Date: November 05, 2014 10:00AM

Install TeamViewer and I will help you with this problem.

Install TeamViewer, then run it.

Send me a Private Message containing the TV ID and PASSWORD so I can connect.
Leave TV running as it will change the password each time you restart it.

I am on UK time (GMT) and am normally available 09:00 - 16:00 and normally later into the evening.

============ Italian from Google Translate ================
Installare TeamViewer e vi aiuterà con questo problema.

Installare TeamViewer, quindi eseguirlo.

Inviami una Messaggio Privato che contiene l'ID del televisore e PASSWORD in modo da poter collegare.
Lascia TV in esecuzione in quanto cambia la password ogni volta che si riavvia.

Io sono su ora di Londra (GMT) e sono normalmente disponibili 9:00-16:00 e normalmente più tardi la sera.

Posted by: Css14 (---.13-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: November 06, 2014 12:20AM

I'm writing this message for the people who have encountered my same problem.

First of all I want to thank RiggsFolly, who helped me trying to solve my problem with TeamViewer spending a lot of time with it. Thanks anyway. Unfortunately, my database was corrupted and we were unable to recovery my project.

So, the real solution, is to make regular backup of your project in order to avoid this situations. There are a lot of ways to do this; automated Joomla/Drupal/Wordpress plugins, or manual database export by using phpMyAdmin.

It's better to spend a little time to create a backup copy rather than spend days and days to start over your project (and I can confirm it's really frustrating).

Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.