WAMP extremely slow on windows 7 x64
Posted by: canadiancreed (---.eastlink.ca)
Date: August 25, 2010 11:23PM

Greetings.

I'm at a loss as to why my system is timing on on a site that before worked just fine. Here's the particulars:

Latest WAMP install
xdebug and PHPUnit installed
PEAR updated to latest version
windows 7 x64
tons of memory and HD space
no other servers on system
worked fine two weeks ago (removed WAMP for provisioning that never happened)

The only change were that WAMP has been reinstalled (along with xdebug, PEAR and PHPUnit). ONly error in the logs for either apche or mysql is that PHP died with a fatal error that it took over a minute to execute script. The entire site is less then 20k for all files (and the script being executed is 1k), worked fine when this system was running it two weeks ago, and when placed on a system using the same OS, and standalone apache/php/mysql/pear/xdebug/PHPUnit, it just flies.

SO what could I be missing here? Ther'es no antivirus running, etc/hosts is set to point to localhost, and apache is listening to 80 and have tried localhost:80 with no success. As all scripts, and installed software are the same with the only difference being the other server is standalone for it's WAMP setup, I can only conclude that the default install of WAMP is at fault here.

So ya....thoughts would be appriciated. Installing standalone servers for twenty machines doesn't sound like a good time, but presently if wamp won't work, that's my immidiate future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP extremely slow on windows 7 x64
Posted by: plegault (---.hsd1.nm.comcast.net)
Date: August 26, 2010 01:47AM

ya i think something happen 2-3 weeks ago cuz it bug mysql for me jsut got it fixed

Re: WAMP extremely slow on windows 7 x64
Posted by: canadiancreed (---.eastlink.ca)
Date: August 26, 2010 02:06PM

How was it fixed?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.