Can access phpmyadmin from LAN but not webcalendar
Posted by: gmckay (---.lns1.fli.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 19, 2010 08:36AM

I have installed Wampserver, php5.2.9 and an application WebCalendar in wamp/www/

I have started wampserver and gone 'online'. The IP address of this machine is 192.168.0.101

I have connected to wamp on a connected PC using [192.168.0.101] and get the wamp menu OK.

At first phpmyadmin would not work - HTTP 403 Frobidden - so I modified phpmyadmin.conf in wamp/alias and now it works OK.

I click on webcalendar and it fails - Cannot find server or DNS error.

I setup a test.php in the webcalendar folder and can access this OK with [192.168.0.101]

phpmyadmin works, why not webcalendar? It must be a security issue...

p.s. I am happy to access the application using [192.168.0.101] and don't feel it is neccessary to setup VH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can access phpmyadmin from LAN but not webcalendar
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2010 12:43PM

You need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 19, 2010 03:55PM

I have been through all that already and it only made the system totally inoperable via the LAN. I had to reinstall to get it going again.

I don't need to change port access as I have the 2 computers connected directly via LAN cable (no router) and the windows firewall is OFF. I have no other security programs installed.

I don't need to use VH as I am happy to use the IP address. When I did so the system failed. Why do you consider this neccessary?

I don't need to setup a dynamic DNS because I'm only using the system within the LAN.

The doco says 'Put online' and it will work. And it does for everything except webcalendar. I'm sure it must be something like MySQL security or something...

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.14.threembb.ie)
Date: August 19, 2010 04:56PM

if it works in any form then it works

If phpmyadmin works mysql works

The issue is ur webcalander and some configuration option most likely that is set to localhost and needs to be changed to ur ip. Or a htaccess file

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: August 20, 2010 12:24AM

I agree, I slept on it overnight and came up with the same answer. But it runs on the server not the client so this shouln't affect it.

I'll check it out and see if I can find the solution, and post it here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.