#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Posted by: mlobel (---.snfcca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 11, 2010 07:31PM

I installed the latest version of wamp. Set up was easy and went great. I then changed my password, now I can't log in. Error message: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I followed all steps described on wamp/lynda forums, including making changes to the config.inc.php file. None of these have had any effect. Below are my specs:
PC OS: Vista
Wamp Version: 5.1.36
Dreamweaver: CS5

Wamp is downloaded on desktop. Dreamweaver site set up in c:/wamp/www/ folder. Any help would be so appreciated!
Thanks!
Marrie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2010 10:02PM

Date: August 15, 2010 07:16PM

I followed all the steps provided and get immediate error 1045 without log in prompt when I open wamp. There are no other MySQL outside of wamp. Is the only thing left to do is uninstall wamp and reinstall? Or should I attempt to just uninstall mysql?
Thanks!

Date: August 15, 2010 08:53PM

did you undo what you did w/ config.inc.php file?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 15, 2010 09:24PM

Yes. Per instruction but please double check to see if I missed anything (totally possible).

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

Date: August 15, 2010 09:57PM

Date: August 15, 2010 10:41PM

You know I thought I had, but apparently not...because I did it...and it worked!!! Thank you so much for your help and patience! Thank you!!!

Posted by: BellaMary (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2010 08:50AM

Hi, I'm new here, very new but I would just like to say thank you to everyone that has posted so much great information about WAMP server. I'm just beginning to understand it all, a little each time. I'm not what you would call a well versed person when it comes to servers, php or ftp but I do understand a little bit about causing a lot of sleepless nights siting in front of my computer banging my head trying to figure out what I did wrong...until I discovered a little gem of a program called REVO. It actually is quite handy when dealing with the installation and removal of programs. I had correctly configured WAMP server after following a very nice walk through on configuring WAMP server to work with Word Press, when I discovered that I was receiving a message in red at the bottom of the WAMP server screen informing me that,

"Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user '.root'.

I did what the program asked of me. First password I created was for the ip address for local host, which I successfully changed but the second one is where I caused a whole lot of confusion. You see, I changed the password for the "root localhost" and when I selected go, that's when I experienced the dreaded 1045 error message. At my wits ends, I tried every solution that was mentioned to no avail, then I decided to uninstall the program with REVO and presto. REVO not only uninstalled the program but it also discovered all of the little presents that WAMP and MYSQL left behind, like registry entries and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember. When the uninstall was finished, I shut down my computer, counted to 10 and when it rebooted I reinstalled WAMP and now it is working fine. I don't know if my solution will help anyone else but this is what helped me. I hope this helps.

Date: August 17, 2010 12:05AM

BellaMary, you've gt that problem because it seems you did not follow the guide precisely, so try again and dont skip any step winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: jinfengni (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: August 17, 2010 06:45PM

I got in trouble by setting the password for "root" "localhost" as described by BellaMary posted on August 16. The message I got is

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I tried to remove the wampserver as suggested by BellaMary using REVO, but it did not fix the problem. I also tried to replace the files contained in the Resetmysql and it did not fix the problem neither. I am out of options and your help is deeply appreciated.

Additional information: I am using netbeans to create an applet and the applet uses the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Thank you for your time and help.

Jean

Date: August 17, 2010 11:18PM

did you try reset before uninstall?

Download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: jinfengni (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: August 18, 2010 03:28PM

Yes, I tried resetmysql before uninstall.

I also tried uninstall, then restart the computer, re-install. It did not fix the problem.

I did not try setup Password. Is it a step needed after resetmysql?

Anyway, I found a work-around. I am using the MySQL console directly. Since I am comfortable with SQL, it is not too bad. It is just not as easy as using PHPAdmin.

Thank you for your time.

Jean

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.13.threembb.ie)
Date: August 18, 2010 05:08PM

I think u just made an error in the. Configuration file

Add me to msn and I'll talk u through rebuilding the configuration file

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.