PHPMyAdmin not loading/MySQL connection error
Posted by: Risingstar (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: August 17, 2010 04:45PM

So I installed WAMP (default directory, default settings), and put the website I'm working on into the folder. I decided to use WAMP instead of a free server (www.gmodpic.freeiz.com) since there were far too many restrictions on the free server.

I loaded up the index, and noticed the PHP wasn't being parsed. I searched it up and realized I had to use <?php ?> instead of just <?. So I changed that and now my index won't load. When I go into the error log I see the error:

PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\wamp\www\gmodpic\intro.php on line 4

OK - I thought - this probably means I got the username or password wrong in the script, so I try to go to PHPMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin), but the page doesn't load.

Now I'm just really confused because it seems like just because I changed the <? tag to a <?php tag, everything stopped working. I haven't changed any settings in the php.ini, and the PHPMyAdmin was working perfectly fine before I changed the <? tag. Obviously it doesn't make sense that a simple tag change would render PHPMyAdmin unusable so maybe I'm missing something here.

If you need any more information, please just ask. I just want to get this set up so I can continue work on my website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 04:45PM by Risingstar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHPMyAdmin not loading/MySQL connection error
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2010 07:57PM

you need to setup db account

To setup DB account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.