Apache Conf and Network WWW folder paths
Posted by: mitel (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: August 15, 2010 11:50PM

I have WAMP installed on a variety of PCs that I use at home. I have a single 'WWW' folder on my server and I can access it from any PC using the following: \\Hp-Desktop\www\
But, when I change the DocumentRoot to "\\Hp-Desktop\www\" and Directory to <Directory "\\Hp-Desktop\www\"> in the Apache Conf file on the PC I am using to access the 'WWW' folder on the server then the WAMP Server does not start, stays on the yellow graphic in the taskbar.
Returning the settings to the default 'C:/wamp/www/' folder and all is well again.
So, there is a problem with the new paths I am trying but I don't know what it is, I have tried both forward and back slashes.
What is the correct syntax/format for these paths?

Many thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Conf and Network WWW folder paths
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 16, 2010 12:08AM

it's not the path but you need vh

You need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.