Apache 403 error on root URL
Posted by: jamesy281 (---.access2.manchester.fixed-nte.bt.net)
Date: October 23, 2014 02:45PM

Hi There,

I am experiencing an issue with a site, when I run the site in the browser it loads OK but If I load the element inspector I see 403 access forbidden on the root URL, all the other links and objects below it are fine. This is only an issue as I am using pingdom to check the site and off course it is failing as it expects 200.

The Site is running on an Ubunu box and I have checked the permissions of all the files and folders which seem fine. I didn't build the site but looking at the
config files they appear as they should, however I am not strong on web tech so I could have missed something.

Any suggestions are welcome

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache 403 error on root URL
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 23, 2014 04:57PM

This is a WAMPServer help forum. The W in WAMP stands for Windows. I dont think you are looking for help in the right place,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.