Running 2 CMC on one localhost?
Posted by: stuarty (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 10, 2010 01:58PM

I am new to PHP and mySQL. I am trying to set up 2 databases. One is for Drupal (which is already set up and running) and the other is moodle.
I think have installed moodle but cant seem to find it on my localhost. It keeps going to the Drupal site. I have searched their documentation, drupals docs and this site and it seems there arent many people trying to run 2 CMS at the same time. Is there a good reason for this?

Could anyone please let me know if it is at all possible to have 2 localhost sites at the same time?

With a limited scripting knowledge, I would also like to know if PHP ans mySQL would be the best way to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running 2 CMC on one localhost?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2010 02:48PM

you can have couple different hundreds, even thousands, CMS as long as your wamp pc can handle them; just make sure to setup vh and db acct for each

To setup DB account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

You need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple domains/websites and even you have only 1 domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; if dont have real domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.