"Your projects" section not linking how I think it should
Posted by: daveoily (---.12-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: October 20, 2014 10:12PM

Hi all!

Not to say it's not "working as intended", just doesn't work the way I think it should for this project I just started today, so latest wamp version, with all the most recent version numbers that entails, I guess php is most relevant, so anyway, from the loaded wamp page

windws 7 if that helps

Apache Version :
2.4.9 - Documentation
PHP Version :
5.5.12 - Documentation
Server Software:
Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12

MySQL Version :
5.6.17 - Documentation

Did I miss any required info?

My problem, I'm trying to get learning with texts working on wamp. The project is here [lwt.sourceforge.net]

It should help with my language learning, but it suggests other php servers, I figure this would be an easy way.

It works fine, however, I suspect the index.php file in wamp/www isn't creating a link to where it needs to, because I can get the script working, but have to type in the address localhost/lwt_v_1_5_20/index.php the file that the first page points me to is just the folder lwt_v_1_5_20

Typing is fine, but I'd prefer it to work just by pointing and clicking.

So, am I doing something wrong, or can I alter wamps index.php file to just correct the probem? I'm new to php and servers, but should be ok if someone can explain it in reasonably noddy terms smiling smiley

cheers

dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Your projects" section not linking how I think it should
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 21, 2014 12:32AM

Read this and create a Virtual Host for each of your projects [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.