Virtual Host WAMP 2.5
Posted by: DjPorkchop (50.40.238.---)
Date: October 10, 2014 07:04PM

Hello folks.

First off, here is my specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
WAMP 2.5 64 bit

I like the way you all have set up the new 2.5 with needing virtual hosts. I have created 2 new virtual hosts and they work great if browsing them on the net.

Now the issue is, I have turned on Virtual hosts in the menu. I shut down and restarted the dns cache and restarted WAMP and tah dah! The Virtual host menu appears.

Now the issue is when I click on one of my virtual hosts in the menu, it shows my project folder name in my url bar and then redirects to a website that is not mine. It is similar in name, but not mine.

For example, I click on my virtual host called midwest. I then get redirected to midwest.com instead of my virtaul host called midwestva.cf which is a fully qualified domain.

The same exact thing happens if I click on a name in the My Projects menu.

I have checked my virtual hosts definitions and they are correct, I checked my hosts file and they are correct in there as well. SO I am not sure why I am pulling up other peoples websites and not mine.

And once again, I like the new changes. It just taking me a minute to get used to it all. Thanks for all the hard work you folks put in to WAMp server project.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virtual Host WAMP 2.5
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 11, 2014 12:56AM

read this, it should get you sorted.

[forum.wampserver.com]

It sounds like you forgot to add your domain names into the HOSTS file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 11, 2014 02:04AM

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

That is the exact tutorial that I followed. I 100% am sure and I just double checked. I did add the domains to my hosts file.

Date: October 12, 2014 12:42AM

And still redirects to the wrong domains.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 13, 2014 09:35AM

Show us your HOSTS file please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 18, 2014 02:55AM

My apologies.

I should have came back and edited this and let you know I rolled back to WAMP 2.2 for the time being due to circumstances beyond my control.

I look forward to coming back to 2.5 in the very near future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.