404 error on PHP files
Posted by: nugget49 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2014 04:40AM

Hi there. I wish I didn't have to ask for help but here I am. I've installed wamp server before and had it work, but I don't remember all the steps I did...

I just re-installed it on my laptop and when I try to run PHP files in the www folder, I get a 404 not found. How can I get the PHP to run?

I went into apache and had rewrite_module run, and I don't remember what else to do. I once found a really helpful website that fixed this but I can't find it :/

Error message is this:
-------------------------------------------------
Not Found

The requested URL /www/index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me know if I need to post any new info..

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 404 error on PHP files
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 03, 2014 10:05AM

Hi nugget,

Well lets start this the answers to these questions [forum.wampserver.com]

Also when you say you re-installed WampServer, do you mean you installed over a previous release, or put it on this laptop again after uninstalling the previous version.

Does clicking on the wampmanager menu item 'localhost' run the WampServer homepage. If so that is PHP so PHP is working.

Do you have another WebServer running, like IIS or another Apache?

What colour is the wampmanager icon in the system tray?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 04, 2014 12:40AM

Hi there, thank you for the reply!
Here are my answers:

Also when you say you re-installed WampServer, do you mean you installed over a previous release, or put it on this laptop again after uninstalling the previous version.

>>I put it on this laptop after uninstalling the previous version. I did uninstall via control panel, then deleted the wamp folder left over.

Does clicking on the wampmanager menu item 'localhost' run the WampServer homepage. If so that is PHP so PHP is working.

>>Yes I see localhost and wampserver hompage...then nevermind then smiling smiley I thought because I couldn't view the other PHP files already in the www folder then that is what it meant. Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you have another WebServer running, like IIS or another Apache?

>>Nope I do not.

What colour is the wampmanager icon in the system tray?

>> It is green

NOTE: I have noticed that when I go to apache, and apache modules, some of them have a red caution sign next to them. I dont remember ever seeing that before when it worked on my laptop.

What a bummer I know it's probably something really small and stupid I'm overlooking :/

When I look @ the php error log I see what i paste below, maybe this can tell me exactly what's going on?

-----------
[03-Oct-2014 02:33:21 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:21 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:23 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:23 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:50 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:50 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

--------------------------------

Date: October 04, 2014 12:45AM

Also, to add. I find it weird, that when I create "test" folder in the www folder, and then click on it to access that directory via the admin homepage, it doesn't try to find [localhost], it just goes to /test and says it cannot be displayed. Hm..

Date: October 04, 2014 12:59AM

OK

These errors
[03-Oct-2014 02:33:23 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[03-Oct-2014 02:33:50 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

can be fixed by :-

left click the wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Version and then click on the Apache version number.

This will re-create all the SYMLINKS one or tow of which must be missing. Then those error will go away.

NOTE: I have noticed that when I go to apache, and apache modules, some of them have a red caution sign next to them. I dont remember ever seeing that before when it worked on my laptop.

Maybe you have an old httpd.conf file somewhere, do a search for 'httpd.conf' if one exists anywhere outside the \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z\conf folder then delete it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 04, 2014 10:55AM

Hi,

> NOTE: I have noticed that when I go to apache, and apache modules, some of them have a red
> caution sign next to them. I dont remember ever seeing that before when it worked on my laptop.

A red square means that the load module line exists in httpd.conf but the associated module file does not exist.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Archana (202.169.172.---)
Date: October 12, 2014 10:53AM

Hi,

Plz help me.
I am getting error 404 not found when i run localhost/data/test.php file .

when i run localhost its running...

Date: October 13, 2014 09:45AM

Hi Archana,

Can you check the extension of yout test.php file. In explorer, unhise known extensions and check that the real file name is not test.php.txt

Date: October 25, 2014 07:47PM

Hi, to follow up on my original thread. I was able to fix my problem. I found some info on this site: [stackoverflow.com]

I had to go to the index.php in the WWW folder, and correct a code of line that wasn't putting [localhost].
Info regarding this is in the link above.

I'm not sure why this happened in the first place, but it worked.

Posted by: Dineshjayaraman (117.208.202.---)
Date: June 15, 2015 08:01AM

Hello People!!Greetings from me..
So I have a problem in seeing images in localhost wamp server.
I tried to upload images in my database and it successfully uploaded.But when I wish to see that image using localhost such as localhost/image.jpg it is throwing me an error like 404 Not found and the requested URL not found on the server.I surfed the net and nothing fullfilled my requirements.So I indeed rely on you Guyz...Pls help me to get through this......

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: June 15, 2015 10:50AM

Hi Dinesh,

Please can you start a new thread with the answers to these questions Please read and answer these questions as part of your question post

Please remember, we are not clarevoyany, and we are not looking over your sholder, so give as much detail as possible about your error including the location of your project.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.