Problems with WampServer 2.0i registry entries
Posted by: Thean (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 12:07PM

I have installed wampserver 2.0i and started configuring the mysqlinstanceconfig, found some problems and started solving them by word of google, if you will, then i edited the paths of mysql in the registry to get it working. Decided to start over and uninstalled wampserver, and deleted the registry entries manually(this is the problem), when i reinstalled wampserver it did not replace or add the entries to the registry again? what do i do to get the entry back or inserted when i install again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems with WampServer 2.0i registry entries
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 09:49PM

there is no issues with them...

ul need to use the remove/install service option on the wamp menu...

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: June 23, 2010 09:37AM

Thanks in advance for the help.
I think i got that problem solved it generated the entries again automatically, but the new problem im having is that im having trouble with setting up my wampserver, i have a database that i would like to add to the server, a mysql database? What procedure should i follow to add the database to the wamp server. For now i believe i have to use the MySQLInstanceConfig to setup the mysql service... i follow the setup and get to the part where it has to execute the 4 steps, it at first doesn't go past the second phase so i edit the entry's path and remove the \bin form the image path... then it does not go past the 3de step... now 1st the services that i have created are running but why the setup didn't finish? And 2de i checked a lot of information sources on the same problem on mysql's forum and the editing of the image path is suppose to fix the 3de as well? or am i wrong in my assumption, and if so how can i fix this and get it working?

Date: June 23, 2010 10:48AM

I changed the path in the registry, i do believe im getting somewhere now? but the service doesnt start now here is the latest error log message i got?
And i would still like to know if im using the correct method.

100623 10:34:11 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
InnoDB: Error: log file .\ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 5242880 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 23068672 bytes!
100623 10:34:11 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
100623 10:34:11 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
100623 10:34:11 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: INNODB
100623 10:34:11 [ERROR] Aborting

100623 10:34:11 [Warning] Forcing shutdown of 1 plugins
100623 10:34:11 [Note] wampmysqld: Shutdown complete

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 23, 2010 05:31PM

search your pc for file - my.ini and delete any that are not in the wamp folder

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: June 24, 2010 08:32AM

I have reinstalled and just started the wampserver with its default settings so it is set up and i have just imported a sql exported database. So i do believe that i can continue working now. Thanks for the advice, if i have to run that setup(mysqlinstanceconfig) again, i will do that. But for now i think i'll make some progress. Thanks again for responding on my messages much appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.