phpMyAdmin install and password trouble
Posted by: Spirited (89.241.140.---)
Date: June 22, 2010 04:11AM

Ok, I have seen various topics about installation problems and I'm sorry to begin a new topic but I just can't see instructions for where I'm going wrong. So I'll go through what I've done.

I have installed Wamp Server. I can see the local host page. I could not see the phpMyAdmin page, nothing loaded. I have gone through phpMyAdmin/setup (created the config folder, created the config file through the form, saved the config settings, moved new config file into main phpMyAdmin directory, deleted the config folder).

I used the settings for cookie mode (earlier I had tried to it up with the config mode - as I was used to this method when I last used Wamp5 years ago on a different computer - but couldn't get it to work, so uninstalled everything, deleted new files and started over) as per the instructions I left the user and password for config authority as they were 'root' and blank.

Now I've tried to access phpMyAdmin again. Now I have a log in screen. But it won't accept 'root' and no password as log in details. It brings up a blank page and I can't progress further.

It might be worth saying that I had to disable Skype in order to get the localhost page in the first place (apprently both use port 80) but I haven't tried to use Skype since, and I'm not a major user, so it doesn't matter too much.

I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin install and password trouble
Posted by: Spirited (89.241.140.---)
Date: June 22, 2010 04:21AM

Sorted the Skype bit by telling Skype not to use port 80 as alternative as per the suggestion on another thread here but I still need help with everything else.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2010 05:43AM

download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

to setup backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Spirited (78.148.39.---)
Date: June 22, 2010 08:18PM

I've done everything you suggested above and checked my config file doesn't have a password (as suggested in another thread).

I still get the same issue, I open phpMyAdmin and get a log in screen (not the page indicated by your screenshot) I leave 'root' as the user and leave the password blank to login. I get a blank page. The url bar reads: [localhost]

Any other suggestions?

I am running Win XP and Firefox, incase this is relevant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.