myPHPAdmin access denied issue
Posted by: teedoff (---.northstate.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 12:31AM

Ok downloaded the wamp server on several different occasions. I was having trouble opeing the localhost browser as well as creating a new connection in Navicat, so I went on navicat's live chat support. I was able to open the phpadmin page before I went to the support chat, but the tech guy had me type a command line in the SQL window of phpadmin....something about GRANT USER PRIVILEGES command line. Now I cant even open phpadmin page. It gives me the 1045 access denied for user root@localhost error message. Please someone tell me whats going on!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: myPHPAdmin access denied issue
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2010 12:46AM

download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

to setup backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: teedoff (---.northstate.net)
Date: June 22, 2010 03:33PM

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> download resetmysql here
> [downloads.jlbn.net]
>
> to setup backup, follow this
> [blog.jlbn.net]
>
> to setup password, follow this
> [blog.jlbn.net]

yfastud, I see you post this reply on many posts here for people having problems. I tried what you suggested and it didnt work. I replace the three files in the bin file to reset my password, but nothing. When I open MyPHPAdmin page, its blank with the exception of the 1045 error message. I can open localhost, but again when I click on the phpadmin page same thing. I tested my port in the apache service option, and it said apache was running on port 80. Could someone provide precise and helpful remedies to this problem. I have been trying to get wamp going now for over a week! It really shouldnt be this hard, or at least it should be easier to find help for it. I relaize this is open source, and sometime open source lacks good tutorials and help systems, but please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2010 06:19PM

most users, not only you, got this message because they did NOT setup password properly that's why suggest to reset password and follow the guide to set it up properly

anyway, in folder C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadminx.xx.x, open file config.inc.php

Find this line:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'RemoveAnythingHere';

Remove anything between single quote to become:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

Close the file and select Save if prompt

Restart wamp to take effect

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.