New Installation - PHPMyAdmin access denied
Posted by: orionvega (---.pitbpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 07:28PM

I just installed the newest version of WAMP for the third or so time on a Vista 64bit system.

First problem was that [localhost] was not working in any browser.
I then used the ip [127.0.0.1]
It worked and took me to the main page.
I was able to upload my files to www/ and see them

When I tried to add a new database in PHPMyadmin at [127.0.0.1]
I received an Access Denied error - (phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.)

I do not need to remove IIS, I checked the ports as suggested by those online.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I'm about to try and find another option if I can't get this working soon. Thanks for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Installation - PHPMyAdmin access denied
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 19, 2010 12:45AM

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools > options > advanced > connection and uncheck "use port 80..." then restart wamp then skype

if using some php scripts, open file php.ini through wamp tray icon

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.