localhost port
Posted by: emaifyo (41.220.69.---)
Date: September 28, 2014 03:24AM

Before I installed wampserver on my computer,I have visual studios which comes with its IIs server.Now after installing wampser,whenever i click the local host,the system will reply that another server is using port 8080,therefore, that wampserver cannot run.Please how can I assign a different port to wampserver other than port 8080 ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost port
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 28, 2014 01:46PM

By default WAMPServer i.e Apache uses port 80

IIS is also a web server and therefore also uses port 80. Port 80 is the default port used by all web servers.

I assume the message you are seeing is suggesting that you change the port number used by Apache to 8080.

There are a couple of options here :-

1. You stop the IIS server while you are developing using WAMPServer(Apache)
2. You disable IIS while you are using WAMPServer
3. You change the port number being used by Apache

To change the port number used by Apache do this :-

Edit the httpd.conf file ( use the wampmanager menus to ensure you are editing the correct file )

wampmnager -> Apache -> httpd.conf

Find these lines
Listen 0.0.0.0:80
Listen [::0]:80

And change it to

Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
Listen [::0]:8080

Unfortunately this will mean you have to manually add the port number to all the urls like so
'localhost:8080'
'localhost:8080/phpmyadmin'

This can become rather annoying after a while so my suggestion woudl be to use option 1 or 2 from above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.