WampServer, MySql,Apache stopped working
Posted by: mlmarshall (---.dsl.ipltin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 18, 2010 03:45PM

I am taking a web design class for php and MySql. We downloaded WampServer with MySql and Apache and made our own computer a server using localhost. I had to change from localhost to localhost:8888 because something else was using localhost. All worked fine for about 3 weeks. I shut down Friday night and updates were installed. When I booted up Saturday, could no longer get localhost:8888. I.E. returns message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". I did a system restore to before the updates but that didn't help. I cannot even open phpMyAdmin to work on the database. Don't know what to do next. Help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer, MySql,Apache stopped working
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 20, 2010 12:59AM

try open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mlmarshall (---.dsl.ipltin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 27, 2010 10:15PM

Thanks for answering my problem. I checked the hosts file as indicated and there was a lot of text and also 127.0.0.1 but it was all commented out with #. I removed the # from the 127..... line and my browser lost all color and I still got the I.E. could not display message. I am not sure what happened as I could use WampServer one day and couldn't the next (after a shutdown).

I have a laptop with Vista and do not have this problem but really wanted to use my Windows 7 desktop.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:14AM

best guess is you have auto update on which block wamp after updated, so try to use System Restore to go back the day before having problem

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mlmarshall (---.dsl.ipltin.ameritech.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 03:36PM

In reading thru the forum questions I notice others are having the same problem I am getting WamServer to work on a Windows 7 computer. I have tried all the suggestions given to others in the forum and still no luck getting this to work. It seems something happened about a month ago. The icon looks like all is O.K. but cannot access. I am doing my work on another computer (Vista) but really wanted to use this newer computer.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 03:48PM

add me to msn and ill take a look.

its probably as easy fix

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: June 13, 2010 05:06PM

"add me to msn and ill take a look. "

I don't know what this means.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 05:52PM

guess u dont have MSN then

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: June 13, 2010 07:07PM

Well, yes, I probably have MSN just don't know what to do with it. A search turns up MSN sports, MSN Money, MSN entertainment, MSN Hotmail, MSN. I really haven't used any of those. I signed up for Windows Live but don't use that either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.