Set Up
Posted by: kiwis (162.112.18.---)
Date: September 26, 2014 05:25AM

If I set up wampserver on a PC in a big corporation network (PC being connected via a LAN) what do I need to do to enable a user to connect to the PC via it's IP address?

Currently I can't type a IP address into the URL text area and connect to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Set Up
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 26, 2014 10:43AM

WAMPServers main target audience is developers working on a single machine doing local development which will later be moved to a live server. So its default Apache configuration limits access to just the machine it is running on

However it is easy to change this like so :-

The simple answer is to use the wampmanager menus.
wampmanager -> Put Online

However this changes the Apache config from
   Require local   <-- only allow connections from this machine
to
   Require all granted  <-- allow connection from any ip in the universe

I think that is a bad idea if that is not what is intended, as all that is required is for your internal network to be breached and you have given access away, or maybe you internal network is already accessible from the internet!

So alternatively you can be more specific and do something like this, you have to edit the httpd.conf file manually to do this, or better still if you have created a proper Virtual Host for each of your internal sites you make these changes specifically to each of the Virtual Host definitions.

Require local
    Require ip 10.1.1
    Require ip 10.1.2

and so on for each subnet that is allowed access.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 11:03AM by Otomatic.

Re: Set Up
Posted by: Malcolm (---.lns4.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 27, 2014 03:24AM

Thank you for your extra advice but all was OK there.
I have the solution! I was selecting 'Localhost' to get the home page, then selecting my project. When I select 'My Virtual Hosts', then my project, all is well - the project opens. Perhaps you should make the inclusion of WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU as point 4 in your instructions and emphasise the use of the 'My Virtual Hosts' menu, as I always used 'Localhost' in earlier versions of wampserver.
Problem solved - thank you.
Cheers,
Malcolm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.