localhost is not coming in any browser
Posted by: vsrawat (115.242.244.---)
Date: September 22, 2014 12:12PM

I am on windows 8,

previously I had 2.4 installed, but recently noticed that it had stopped working, showing red systray icon.

So I downloaded latest release today, uninstalled previous one and installed this one.

While installation, the only error I received was MSVCR1l0.dll missing, so I installed VC 2012 from MS site and installed and that error is gone.

however it is still showing red systray icon.

localhost is not coming in any browser (tried in firefox, chrome opera, maxthon)

I had skype installed but I didn't run that. Still, on reading tips from net, I run that and stopped that from using port 80.

Now my etc/hosts file just has these two active entries.

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

I don't know why two are appearing and whether that is causing conflict. I deleted one of them but it has reappeared.

Now my etc/services file just has these one relevant entry that mentions port 80.

http 80/tcp www www-http #World Wide Web

I had not chosen or altered any default during installation, except that it is installed on e:\wamp.

I had restarted the pc several times.

So, what is missing and how to start accessing localhost.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost is not coming in any browser
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 22, 2014 01:44PM

If the wampserver icon is red, it is probably because you have IIS installed. W8 appears to do this by default for some reason.

Uninstall IIS and that should solve your problems. If you dont know how to do that try these links for suggestions

One
Two

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.