WAMP on Windows Server 2012
Posted by: cover (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: September 20, 2014 08:01AM

I installed WAMP successfully on a desktop machine and it runs great. Now I'd like to install and run it on Windows Server 2012 where we can all use it in the office environment. Anyone know of any tutorials for installing WAMP on Windows Server 2012 ? TIA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP on Windows Server 2012
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 20, 2014 08:08AM

Just the same as you did on your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 20, 2014 07:39PM

Anything on configuration changes a person has to make when moving from localhost on a single machine to placing a working, live package on a server would be appreciated too. :-)

Date: September 20, 2014 07:46PM

Seems to be more to it than that RiggsFolly. Some configuration file(s) that need a tweak perhaps to be able to see the server from the LAN computers. Localhose was a breeze but can't enter the URL of the server IP and see the WAMP on the server. As if PHP isn't functional yet as I attempt to look at a simple date string that I can't get working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 08:10PM by cover.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 22, 2014 10:05AM

Ok,

What are you actually trying to achieve. More details please.

1. How many sites would you like to server from this webserver?

2. Do you have a DNS Server at your site?

3. Have you setup a Virtual Host for each of the sites you want to serve?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.